Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This question may have been answered: can you use the full zoom AND wide angle with the underwater housing?

hmmm... am thinking of getting Pana OEM case instead... been waiting for my 10bar replacement for more than a month already!!
Wicket & Hydro, hows ur cases? can it add on tray & arms for light? & would u know if there's availability of o-rings for replacements? Both d main & for the knobs, if need be?

Hi Evie, I could be mistaken but I thought you could add a tray to all cases (?). Anyway, this one has the fitting at the bottom that should accept the screw-in for the tray. Although the manual does not say anything about potential for attaching a tray. And it says the fitting can be used for attaching the included lead weight strip for adjusting buoyancy. But I hope these things are standard sized!

And you get an extra main o-ring with the case. Don't know about availability of o-rings for knobs. I've never heard of those being changed. The manual does not mention that either. Probably these are only removable by a service technician. What does the 10bar case say about knob o-rings?

This question may have been answered: can you use the full zoom AND wide angle with the underwater housing?

Yes. But you cannot use macro or macro zoom in the underwater mode or in any of the "scene" or "my scene" modes. The macro is just disabled in those modes.

Hi Evie, I could be mistaken but I thought you could add a tray to all cases (?). Anyway, this one has the fitting at the bottom that should accept the screw-in for the tray. Although the manual does not say anything about potential for attaching a tray. And it says the fitting can be used for attaching the included lead weight strip for adjusting buoyancy. But I hope these things are standard sized!

And you get an extra main o-ring with the case. Don't know about availability of o-rings for knobs. I've never heard of those being changed. The manual does not mention that either. Probably these are only removable by a service technician. What does the 10bar case say about knob o-rings?

Thx Madacub. yes, never heard of anyone changing o-rings of d other knobs 4 OEM case aside fr d main one. So, if they got leak, then its a throwaway. :( Thats why i opted for 10bar, which have spare parts & can be serviced. Anyway, d store says my replacement will be coming in this week. (been waiting for more than a month! So im getting impatient) Aluminum housing really better than d OEM, as per advice of my photographer friends.

Yes. But you cannot use macro or macro zoom in the underwater mode or in any of the "scene" or "my scene" modes. The macro is just disabled in those modes.

Correction/Clarification: Although the macro button is disabled, the lens will still focus into the macro distance, about 2 cm. So no problem. Sorry, still learning the camera! (Don't know why they did it that way, though)

Does anyone using the ZS3/TZ7 and a MAC using imovie09 have problem importing the AVCHD files ?

Last edited:
what do you pc guys use?
i use powerdirector 8 which seems to have the most features like pip, cropping videos, enhancing video tone etc. it also natively supports ahchd lite. but my laptop seems kinda underpowered when playingback clips for editing when they have been transformed.
wondering if you guys have used a video editor thats fast and light on the resources.
cheers

my zs3 video taken in balicasag, bohol, philippines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom