Blue Hole Oct 17th~18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks keep asking what to bring? I could assign menu items, you would not like it...

For example:

AMAScuba James, bring 5 5lbs lobsters
Kevin, bring 6 5 lbs lobsters! :mooner:

Do you see where this is going.

Look at the FIRST POST in this thread. Yes unusual maybe, but I have those god like powers to update threads long after they are posted!. :shocked2:

I have setup a list of needed STUFF. Bring what you want, and post if when you are there (like are you there one or two days), and which day(s). I will UPDATE post #1 with updates as needed with what folks are bringing. Post what you want to bring at the bottom of this thread, and it will magically appear in POST #1 on this THREAD. If you want ideas look to see what others have offered up, and go from there.

Maybe this idea will not work well, but having the list scattered all over this thread does not work well either, so I will administer the updates to post 1.

Right now the menu, and options are wide open. :D

Last edited:
I will bring brownies, cookies and mabe some pies. I plan to arrive Friday afternoon and depart Saturday afternoon or evening depending on weather. I will leave the food with Ron/Robin or whoever is there since I don't need the extra weight.

James, Kendra and I will bring chips, salsa, a couple of different dips, cheese, crackers, etc... you know...snacky stuff. Counting the days!

We have a great group going. While I have done dove'n with most (if not all) I don't think some have met, so that will be cool.

Here is a list of Food Stuff. Post what you want to bring, and I'll update the list.

Entrees - Ideas: Burgers, Dogs, Spare Ribs, Steak, Fish, Shrimp, Whatever.
Remember you need a way to heat this stuff up! I can bring a Coleman stove, if necessary.
  • En Bloc ~ Cochinita Pibil (Baby Pig, you pig murderer you!) with the fixin's
  • Ron ~ Brats one package & Buns.
Sides - Potato Salad, Beans, Mashed Potato's, Mac and Cheese, Cole Slaw, Asparagus, Chips/Dip, Veggies, snacks, whatever!..
  • En Bloc ~ Beans
  • James, Kendra, Regina ~ Chips, salsa, a couple of different dips, cheese, crackers
Fruit - Apples, Oranges, Strawberries, Kiwi, you know, FRUIT!

Drinks - Water, Soda, Juice, Gatorade, Prune Juice, whatever.

Condiments - Ketchup, Mayo, Mustard, Hot Sauce, Pickles, Olives, whatever.

Dessert - Cookies, Pie, Cake, Candy, whatever.
  • GrumpyOldGuy ~ brownies, cookies and maybe pies
Utensils & Hardware We need: Plates, Plastic ware, Cups, Napkins/Paper Towell
  • Kevin ~ plastic utensils, plates and cups for SUNDAY only. We need the same on Saturday.
  • Ron ~ Grill and Stove*
    *If I need to bring a Coleman stove, let me know.

I will bring condiments - all of them!

so which day is the group planning to hit Perch Lake? I still haven't done it and it would be cool to get some video of it. Yes? I would also like to be sure to get video of everyone, well as many of the group as possible, underwater in Blue Hole. :D

I'll do a group video again. Last group video is here: ScubaBoard_Rocky Mt Oysters, March 14-15th, 2009 on Vimeo

RonT and I will both be over, either Sat or Sun, not both. We are trying to figure out which day works best. The daughter and her BF are not coming, too much homework, yeah right.

Food - I will bring side dishes, probably 2-3, all with real veggies in them. None of that chips and dip crap. :D Also a couple of liters of Diet Soda.

I can also bring a Coleman stove. Does anyone have a folding table to bring? We really needed one last time to set out all the food. :D

RobinT

So bad news, I got kicked out of my house so I have to back out. I seriously thought about coming but moving my S@#$ into the new apt has a higher priority.

I hope everyone has fun, maybe next time...

We'll bring Hamburgers, Hamburger Buns, and Potato Salad for SUNDAY.

I'll also throw some drinks and whatever else we can find that might be useful in the cooler.

Back
Top Bottom