D9 Battery change "How To"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I would of seen this thread a couple of weeks ago....Paid $160 today for the full service on my D9!

Travelnsj, I think in the full service they also change the o-rings on the push buttons which is nice every so often considering what's riding on those little o-rings... But now you know how to do the battery next time instead of having to send it in, pay and wait.

Thank you very much for the info. I have ordered a battery kit for my D9 from eBay and will try replacing the Battery my self.
Thanks again

One thing they did for that $160 besides replacing the O rings was update the software. The D9 will now show when the Transmitter battery is getting low with a LOBT warning.

Hi, thats not an update !, all D9 computers have it , its in the Manual .

Hi, thats not an update !, all D9 computers have it , its in the Manual .

Not on the orginal ones that came out 3 years ago. They came out with that update around 2 years ago!

I have replaced my D9 computer Battery and followed the steps exactly as described here. Its' absolutely fantastic ,it worked like a charm :) thanks a lot for your great contribution .
just to be 100% honest I did skip step 13, as I could not find a pressure pot around my area!
But I tested in a real dive 30m ( 100ft) and it was great.
Thanks Again.

eaburezq,
Your welcome, glad to hear it worked out well for you, it certainly is better then sending it in, waiting and paying $$ to have it done.

One question!!
How many dives does d9 take up to with one battery?
Advance thanks to your valuable answers.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom