Best dive shop/operator in Barbados?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sepandee

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been to Barbados twice and both times I've gone diving with The Dive Shop, which is run by Haroon. I don't have anything bad to say about it frankly. I did both my PADI advanced and rescue diver courses there. My instructor (forgot his name, a British guy with a shaved head who was really knowledgeable) was very cool and nice. The only thing about it, and not necessarily a negative thing but depends on what kind of a person you are, is that they run on Caribbean time. SOmetimes they don't know where they're going until the very last minute, and soemtimes (not always though) things will be running late. But alas, you're there to chill, not to run on NYC time.

Anyways, I'll most probably be diving again with them when i get there this December, but just for the sake of trying another diving operator, I'd like to know where else is recommended. I've heard of some names (Blue, Eco Dive, Reef, etc., might be saying the names wrong but oh well..) and have read some of the reviews here. Just wondering if I can get any more input on this matter.

$$$ permitting, I might also take a 24-48 hour trip to another island nearby. My friend lives on St. Barths but that's really not that close. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nearby island with a good diving reputation?

Try Barbados Blue, the owner is a marine biologist and an Instructor. We did not dive with him but we met him and he seems like a good guy. Keep in mind, Island time is a mandatory attitude when in the islands!

Have a good trip!

Try Dive Barbados Ltd...owned and operated by John and Mary Moore, Dive Barbados,Barbados Diving,BSAC, scuba diving, scuba barbados,scuba Barbados, Barbados scuba diving,eco dive shop,Padi shop,Padi resort

I always dive with John while there.

I used John in January. He didn't tell me until I arrived that he no longer ran his own boat, so we went out with some operation he was using on the other side of town. He found some good stuff for us on a Carlisle bay dive, including frog fish and a large ray that came right up to him. We used someone closer the other day (maybe HighTide, but I'm not certain), for a wreck dive and a reef drift. BB and I were the only divers on that one: she liked the divemaster much better, and we both enjoyed not being on a maxed-out boatload.

I didnt realize he had gotten rid of his boat. That is a shame. John is a good guy.

Hi Toolbelt
Why dont you check out www.divehightide.com
They are the best dive ops on the island. Located in the middle of the West coast, where most of the dive sites are. Nice big dive boat, knowledgeable staff and they conduct Turtle tagging trips.

Haroon passed away in April and his wife has taken over the business. I will still dive with them this December. I'll be there from November 29th to Dec 11th. I like to dive with Gabby and Klaus the German couple that DM for the Dive Shop. They still have the best prices $$$ and service on the island.
John

Haroon passed away in April and his wife has taken over the business. I will still dive with them this December. I'll be there from November 29th to Dec 11th. I like to dive with Gabby and Klaus the German couple that DM for the Dive Shop. They still have the best prices $$$ and service on the island.
John

Sorry to hear about Haroon.

Can you be more specific on the "best prices" ??

Back
Top Bottom