Anyone diving Spanish rocks or Venice beach Sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trident00

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I've been diving quite a bit lately but my buddies probably will not be going out this Saturday. I still have the bug strong and was thinking about Spanish Rocks or Looking for teeth off Venice beach on Saturday. I have been primarily doing boat dives so this would be a little bit of a change for me. If you're planning to dive one of these areas or something similar and would like a tag along, let me know.
Thanks, Walt

I wish I would have seen this earlier. Viz has been off the last few weeks, but I'd imagine with the weather conditions it's improved a fair amount.

I appreciate the response. I am diving with Tanks-A-Lot on Sunday, so it will not be a total weekend out of water :D. The atomic aquatics frameless mask has been working out very well for me and it has seen alot of use. I see from the threads that you are still diving the BHB. I'd sure love to do that dive. I've read quite a few posts on it and seen many pictures of the nudibranches and other inhabitants there. Give me a shout if you ever would like some more company on weekend dives.
Cheers, Walt

We are in initial planning of a GTBA invasion of BHB.

Thread to come soon...:)

Whats BHB :dork2: :D

BHB = Blue Heron Bridge located in the West Palm Beach area. I-95 North of West palm to Blue heron Blvd(exit 57) then east to Blue Heron Bridge over the intercoastal waterway. just before reaching the East end of bridge can turn left at light into Phil Foster Park for free entrance and parking. I have not been there yet but am reciting the directions etc. from Ned DeLoaches Florida diving guide. He has a really good article in the book about the place. From all that I've read about it in that book, and the threads on Scuba Board, it sounds very very interesting.
Cheers, Walt

BHB is Blue Heron Bridge over on the east coast in the West Palm Beach area.
They dive it at high tide when the visibility is the best and also when the tidal
flow is at a minimum. I was going to dive over there today but feeling a bit under
the weather. There is a large bridge that goes over to a small island where there
is a park and a small beach area with access to the bridge. The area is known for
all sorts of interesting critters around the bridge and even out in the flat sandy area
just off the beach. Most divers arrive about an hour prior to high tide and enter the
water maybe fifteen minutes before high tide and then dive during slack tide
and try to be finished as the water starts moving out again.

Hey Larry we met when I picked up my nitrox on fri. Look forward to seeing you Sun. I was practicing my compas navigation in the back yard this afternoon...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom