Blue Hole Oct 17th~18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Boulder tech crew will be in town that weekend. We will have a pretty full schedule at Rock Lake, but we will be at the BH from time to time.

Ron,

We're planning on transporting in large bags and letting them acclimate for a while in the bags in BH.

Still need to find a dang Sponge Bob. Asked around and nobody has one.

I was surprised at the dearth of fish when I was there back in May 09. I saw one black goldfish and a bunch of crawdad and that was it. I swore to myself that next time I'm at the Blue Hole, I'd swing by Wally World and grab some goldfish & carps.

Yeh, let's do it.

My wife (Tiffany) and I will be there Saturday afternoon (around 2:30PM) and all day Sunday.

Menu Planning ~ Sounds complicated! :D

Last time we all brought stuff, and then Robin brought enough for a fifth infantry!

Who be going from the North (CO)

RonFrank ~Ron
TJack ~ Tom (we will count him!)
WinterHawk ~Tino
BIGBubbaJ - Justin
JJColorado ~ James
Shark Whisperer ~ Regina
Kendra
DiveDoggie ~ Kent
En Boc ~ Spencer
Reddiver ~ Bill
BoulderJohn ~ John (likely at Rock Lake the entire weekend!)

That is Eleven folks diving, and Ten who would likely participate in FOOD activities!

We can do a BBQ, whatever. Food in Santa Rosa is not spectacular, but I don't want to try and coordinate more than Lunch for that many folks.

What do you guys want to do? Lobster, Crab, Fillet Mignon?

If you guys want to plan on food, it seems that some coordination is in order with this many folks.

Last edited:
from NM:
robint~Ron & Robin... not sure which days (might be bringing daughter and her new BF)
ABQdiver~Kevin...Sunday only?

from TX:
Grumpyolddiver~Doug & Son

As far as food goes, I will have to make some decisions when hubby gets back from Boulder tomorrow (work). Don't think we will do the pulled pork again but we can always grill a bunch of stuff and bring it over.

We will be likely at Rock Lake all weekend, as Ron noted. We will come over at times for fills from Stella, but I have no idea when.

It is possible we will have some OW students suddenly schedule to be with us, in which case we will be heading over to the BH for some more serious time. (OW is not allowed at Rock Lake.)

We will be diving Friday through Monday, and we will be staying at the Adobe Best Western.

I don't think we can be part of the planning, but I hope we can see some of you.

Yay! I am so excited! Spent two weeks in Cali and could see Monterey Bay but didn't get a chance to dive...sick, sick, sick. Can't wait to get into the water...it's been since April...my gills are all dried up! Looking forward to meeting new divers too! Let us know what we need to bring. This is our first big group outing to Blue Hole. We will have our friend, Kendra, with us too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom