Blue Hole Oct 17th~18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm teaching a Rescue class in Fort Collins Thursday and Friday with open water scenarios at Blue Hole Saturday the 17th. So, it looks like I will see some of my friends there!
There is a strange and suspicious shortage of Curios and Koi, etc., so maybe a weekend goal of replenishing might be in order...

I'm teaching a Rescue class in Fort Collins Thursday and Friday with open water scenarios at Blue Hole Saturday the 17th. So, it looks like I will see some of my friends there!
There is a strange and suspicious shortage of Curios and Koi, etc., so maybe a weekend goal of replenishing might be in order...

yeah, I keep hearing people say they have a koi pond with too many fish and that they are going to bring some down.... have yet to see it happen.
I don't know what has happened to all the other stuff, my guess is that divers are taking things thinking its okay. I miss the old golfball shrine! That lasted a couple of years but ..... ?

Be good to see you again!

The "curios" are a curiosity for me. I don't see what difference it makes having fun stuff to look at and play around with down there, but some might call it trash and decide that it need to be cleaned up. Just guessing here.

The reduced amount of fish happened when they pulled the boards at the overflow to reduce the water during the foundation stage of the new building. Apparently when that was done quite a few of our slimy friends followed the water out as well.......:shakehead:

Depending on how things go this next week I think myself and possibly En bloc will be there as well.

If someone wants to *restock* the Hole (fish), I'd kick in some bucks.

Kent and I have discussed taking fish down, but I've had fish, and while an hour in a bag is generally OK, by the time one purchases said fish in Denver, and drives their tails down to BH, it will be a good 6 hours. Not sure I would bank on a fish lasting 6 hours in a cooler without some serious knowledge of how to ship fish!

Trinidad Wallmart may have some fish... and that *could* work. Still better if they came from ABQ. Kent, I am the proud owner of a 200lbs lift bag. So kick me in the arse, and call me crazy, but if you want to position a statue down there, we have the means! :rofl3:

I'll check the loco dollar shops for non-toxic figurines. Last I heard, a couple of the ones we placed down there are gone, but that is a good run, and I think four of six are still there!

I keep going by the garden stores and looking for lawn statues on sale. Everything else is on sale, but not the statues..and they cost quite a bit. So, I'm also looking at yard sales, etc. One of these days a good sized concrete angel, or dragon, etc will make its way to the bottom of Blue Hole.
The 200lb lift bag will come in very handy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom