Fusion Tech Limited Edition Write Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our only dealer in Japan is
TREASURE DIVE TIKI
OIZUMI
NERIMA
TOKYO
1780063 Japan
Phone: 81338671843

We're a little east of your location, but we'd be glad to help you out!

Ok, thanks for the shop. I might wind up hitting up one of the dealers here, but I want to get in and see one before I pick one up. I will get back to you guys when I get a chance to get up there and check them out.

I would love to see one before I buy one. Just can't from where I am at. Unless White's has someone here. By now.....

I had an opportunity the other day to try on a suit with the LE Tech skin. I didn't get to dive it, but I put it on immediately after removing my Fusion (with the Lycra skin) so I think my observations are reasonably valid.

I noted no difference at all in mobility. This may be in part because I'm not at the big end of the spectrum for that suit size; someone who is almost maxing it out might notice more. But my range of motion was the same, and I felt no additional effort at all.

I was really surprised, though, at the weight of the wet suit, compared with the weight of my wet Lycra Fusion. One of the really nice things about the Fusion, to me, is how light it is -- easy to throw in and out of the car, and safe to pack for airlines, even if it's not perfectly dry. The Tech skin would have to be much more carefully dried, I think, before packing.

I did not handle the Tech version when it was dry, so I don't know how much difference in weight there is in that state.

I still don't really like the pockets. They stretch, and probably can accomodate a lot, but I wonder how easy it would be to get things in and out of them repeatedly, as in a cave. I guess I shouldn't prejudge.

Anyway, that's my take. And I had to smile to learn that these two folks from Montreal had bought their Fusions largely on my recommendation!

I had heard that the LE skin now has an attachment (velcro?) to the inner core to reduce pocket sagging. Is that correct, and if some does it actual work?
I am about to buy a Fusion and I'm trying to make a decision LE versus tech skin. If you have tried both, which skin do you prefer and why?

I don't like the fact that the tech skin does not have optional knee pads.

Thanks,
Carrie

The LE skin does not have any additional attachments for pockets. Some people have found that because the LE skin is all neoprene (and super stretch) it sticks closer to the skin, that may account for minimal pocket sagging.

This is not written in stone for all users - I have found the same personally - but there are no guarantees for everyone....

I hope that helps..

Until the next dive,

I am about to buy a Fusion and I'm trying to make a decision LE versus tech skin. If you have tried both, which skin do you prefer and why?

I don't like the fact that the tech skin does not have optional knee pads.

Thanks,
Carrie

I began my fusion experience with the Tech skin. I like the tech skin, it's very functional and holds up well.

I recently purchased an LE skin with pockets. I like it better! Even though I am not a huge fan of the increased drying time (and what I see as a requirement to release the velcro at the ankles and wrists to ensure proper drying), I still am a big fan.

As for the pockets - I like them - sure, they are a little saggy, but you don't have to worry about them, and it's not like they are sitting around your ankles! They are super stretch neoprene and that means they will expand to accomodate. My FIRST dive with them, I found a spare-air during the dive, I was able to stow it in one of the pockets and it stretched to accomodate. No worries at all as far as I am concerned.

Hope that helps. :D

My last drysuit was Otter skin MTM, which I had for 15 years. Very nice solid build suit, but i have to retired it, because of small, hard to find, leaks in the last year.
When searching for a new suit, I read about Fusion. Most of reports were positive. So I decided to buy one from UK (is within EU = avoid xtra VAT + Toll). I have ordered even HAlcyon balanced p-valve.
So far I made 11 dives in cold water 2-12 degrese Celsius at depth 10 - 39 meters.

The most people reports positive things as mobility, fit,...which i tottaly agree with, so I will report the negative things only.

There are 6 main thing i do not like:
I do not like the conical cuff on the sleeves. It protect from the cold water, but because i use drygloves whith 2 par of insidegloves (im very frosen person), I have difficulty to grip these cuff and place them right. (Try to do that whith thick skigloves, and you will understand the problem).
I will cut them apart along the seam and sew velco there.
The velcro that attach the skin to drycore along the zip. It contains to much water after a dive = my insidegloves, which shall be dry becomes wet. ( I put 1st par of gloves before i put the drysuit on to allow air flow in and out of drygloves.) OK, to avoid to be wet, I have 2 options: 1 ask buddy to unzip me, 2 do it my self with drygloves on. The 2nd option is little difficult to do, Again, try that with thick skigloves.
I do not like the separate shoes, but the idea is great.
If the ground is clean, it is no fear to stand on the ground and put suit and shoes on, but if the ground is dirty - sand, smal stones.... I fear that it will puncture the suit socks, or the wet sand that comes inside the shoes.
Evo3-shoes are unnecesseraly high in front (mayby to thick sole?) - My Mares Quatro avanti regular size are to smal now, because I cant put the hole shoe in the finpocket.
Lot More weights needed.
The outer skin press the drycore to the body, so the fit of the suit is even better then a MTM suit.
That is great = less unnecessary air in the suit.
And that is luck, because of the neopreneskin it self i need 2extra kilo (4 lb), compared to my old Otter skin.
I bought a new undersuit as well, Santi BZ400, which raise another 2 extra kilo, compared to my old undersuite.
So I need 4 xtra kilos (8 lb) when using Santi BZ400 and LE tech skin, compared to Otterskin and old otter 100 undersuit.
The Si-tech in-valve pushbutton is hard to find whith thick gloves.
The button should be more disting.

But I love this suit. I need less frogkicks to swim under water = lower SAC.
The SAC dropped 10-15% to 10-12l/min.
The mobility is unbelievable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom