Vintage children

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

INFIDELxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0926091610a.jpg

0926091610.jpg

I was asked about tank sizes for young kids in another thread. Since I have been training my son's to dive this year I thought I would start a thread. Of course they are learning to dive Vintage to start and when they grow up they can choose there own path.
I have two sons. They are ages 10 & 11 the older one is smaller and lighter than his younger brother. He was uncomfortable with the Steel 72 so I set this up for him. MY 10 year has perfect form with a steel 72 and finds it very comfortable.

0927091828.jpg

0927091829.jpg

This set up is great for youngsters but I have a better idea. I have a set of Voit doubles (50's). I am going to break them down and have A set of harnesses custom built for them. This will allow better can placement below the shoulder line. You can get the harnesses here:Harness/Bands : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

I am a NAVED member and posted my son's first dive on VDH Here is a link :VDH Vintage Double Hose • Index page Vintage Double Hose • Index page

My 10 year old has his mind made up to become a Navy SEAL. I have been feeding his desire by training him in different disciplines. Yesterday I decided to start his dive training.

I gave him a quick refresher and told him to focus. The rest is history. :D

_20_00030.jpg

__0_00050.jpg

__1_00049.jpg

_10_00040.jpg

__6_00044.jpg

_13_00037-1.jpg

_19_00031.jpg

The goal was for Noah to simply sit down and practice breathing rhythm. But after he went down and gave me the thumbs up, He corrected his position and took off. :shock: I was totally in shock. He swam past me In perfect position and fast (w/0 fins). So I went with it and stayed with him. Look at his face in the last photo. PRICELESS!
_24_00026.jpg

The kid looks like he's having a blast!

For smaller kids, the Catalina or HyMark 30 is a good choice in a off the shelf tank. It's shorter than the Luxfer 30 and would allow better placement of a double hose reg.

Triple 19s would be cool too.:cool2:

If it's not too big, Faber makes an HP72, a little less in both diameter and length than the old 71.2. As the kids grow, add another one for doubles.:D

That's IT! I'm calling CPS! :police:

This should be posted in the basic forum. That would be more fun for you than you had diving with your son. :) I just have 5 years to go for my daughter to be old enough. She's really become an excellent swimmer and snorkeler.

Great photos. Very heroic looking off into the sunset.

Don't do it, INFEDELxx! I posted a thread in Basic Scuba about my eleven year old diving in a pool and it ignited an argument that flared for days and spawned two other threads!:rofl3:

For smaller kids, the Catalina or HyMark 30 is a good choice in a off the shelf tank. It's shorter than the Luxfer 30 and would allow better placement of a double hose reg.

Triple 19s would be cool too.:cool2:

If it's not too big, Faber makes an HP72, a little less in both diameter and length than the old 71.2. As the kids grow, add another one for doubles.:D

Triple 19's would be pretty sweet. I am thinking about that one.:D

That's IT! I'm calling CPS! :police:

This should be posted in the basic forum. That would be more fun for you than you had diving with your son. :) I just have 5 years to go for my daughter to be old enough. She's really become an excellent swimmer and snorkeler.

Great photos. Very heroic looking off into the sunset.

Being a great swimmer is A lost art. I told my son's they could not dive until they completed BSA Aquanauts and Swim Jockey. They both earned these this year at Scout camp. I earned my Swim Jockey too this year.:D It is tough!

Don't do it, INFEDELxx! I posted a thread in Basic Scuba about my eleven year old diving in a pool and it ignited an argument that flared for days and spawned two other threads!:rofl3:

Ummm. Yeah! No drama needed. I try to contain myself to Vintage and Solo while I am on SB.

Triple 19's would be pretty sweet. I am thinking about that one.:D

If you are serious, I may be able to come up with a manifold for them.:D

I bought a bunch of Al 50s for my grandson. He was 10 when he got certified last November. I have photos of him diving in the pool with my Royal Aquamaster but I'm not likely to send him off to the ocean with that regulator at this time.

He will be transitioning from a back-inflate to a BP/W in the near future. At that time I am thinking of buying some HP 80's.

Richard

INFEDELxx,
I noticed the kid in the middle of the first pic is wearing a classic oval mask with a purge valve. I used to have one just like it and lately I've been looking for one. Where did you get that one?

Got to start them younger. Here is my 6 year old in the pool with a RAM, USD plastic back pack, and a Al 40.

Dennis1copy.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom