Blue Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BryceM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone been to Blue Springs recently? What were the conditions?

A buddy of mine was there about a month ago. He said that the vis was just OK, I think around 10 feet.

I was there 3-4 weeks ago. In the deep part eg around the big boat viz was 5-10 feet, probably closer to 5. More shallow around the armored car, viz was 3-5 feet. By the road viz was 1-3 feet and there was a dense "cloud" a few feet above the bottom. The road is overgrown with plants; the lawnmower and dentist chair were difficult to even find. On the plus side there were a lot of fish. Temp was warm at the surface and cold at the bottom. There is still a layer of silt on everything.

I was there 3-4 weeks ago. In the deep part eg around the big boat viz was 5-10 feet, probably closer to 5. More shallow around the armored car, viz was 3-5 feet. By the road viz was 1-3 feet and there was a dense "cloud" a few feet above the bottom. The road is overgrown with plants; the lawnmower and dentist chair were difficult to even find. On the plus side there were a lot of fish. Temp was warm at the surface and cold at the bottom. There is still a layer of silt on everything.

It continues to appear that last summers flood was good for the fish and bad for the divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom