American Diver Breaks World Record in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did your hands and feet start bothering you? i can only imagine how pruney they were

brett

My feet were not too bad, but my hands were trashed. They were pretty painful by the end.

In this video, you can see just how white they were.

YouTube - Record broken

Very cool. You must have felt very much part of your environment seeing the Manatees! As a regular dive lasts anywhere up to 2+ hours....I can imagine you were really feeling a part of things after say....the 20th hour?? LOL

One more question.....why did you not rinse your suit out? I'm not too familiar with semi-dry suits. Do you not let water in them? I would imagine it would drop your core temp if you had to flush them out regularly. Bummer on the diaper rash.

I had one fish that came back time and time again and would just sit next to me. I knew it was the same fish because on one side it had a very distinctive scar. I think after being there for so long the fish started to look at me as a piece of the reef.

A semi-dry is almost like a dry suit without the air valves. You do not add air to it. My Isotherm with keep me almost completely dry on most dives.

I had one fish that came back time and time again and would just sit next to me. I knew it was the same fish because on one side it had a very distinctive scar. I think after being there for so long the fish started to look at me as a piece of the reef.

How many tanks did you use? What was the procedure for changing them?

Well done! And thank you very much to replying to this thread!
Very inspirational indeed.

Thanks for all the congrats!!! It was a great experience.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Wonderful record.
Best Wishes to you.
Thanks for putting America, and a great cause on the map.

So, have your hands dried out yet?

I saw some manatees way out between the island and the reef when I was in Belize. Man, those things are neat!

I'll bet that the second night was pretty weird; your mind starts doing strange things when you're deprived of sleep. I'll also bet that it's pretty hard to describe it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom