American Diver Breaks World Record in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, how did you survive this without a BP/W? Based on what I've read from many SB members, attempting something like this w/o a BP/W is a death wish!!!!!:D

The Axis worked just fine for my dive. If I decide to do it again, I would keep the same BC.

Dude, congrats nice job and in my own urban style, "YOU DA MAN!"

OK, now I gotta ask, how did you go to the bathroom? 48 hr? I mean, there must have been something going on.

And what position were you in when you went to sleep? Were you able to stay in horizontal trim, face-down?

Oh, yeah, and how deep?

Thanks and congratulations!

answers a bunch of questions . . .

Well the best thing about your record, is that you are a member of :sblogo:! Well done and I hope your record lasts a long time!

Carolyn:shark2:

Congrats on your dive and raising money for a good cause!!

So, did you see anything interesting on your extended dive??? Any comments on marine life??

Congrats on your dive and raising money for a good cause!!

So, did you see anything interesting on your extended dive??? Any comments on marine life??

There were a few octopus that were out during the night which was pretty cool. The only time I've seen them in the past was when someone else pointed them out in the reef. These were out in the open.

There was also a group of 3 Manatees that swam through during the second day. first I didn't believe I had really seen them, but it was later confirmed by my team. I guess it is pretty rare for them to come out into open water. I guess the fish must have told them about the crazy American that had made himself part of the reef :) and they just had to check me out.

OK, now I gotta ask, how did you go to the bathroom? 48 hr? I mean, there must have been something going on.

And what position were you in when you went to sleep? Were you able to stay in horizontal trim, face-down?

Oh, yeah, and how deep?

Thanks and congratulations!

It's the grossest part of this adventure, and everyone wants to know about it. I went on an all liquid diet the Friday before the dive. This purged all the solid waste. During the dive I did have to urinate, and just went a head and did it. My plans went pretty well because I did not have any solid wast until one day after I ate solid food again. Still having to urinate in the suit, and then sit in it till I surfaced did have a bit of an effect. Imagine a diaper all over my legs and very sensitive skin. I'm still dealing with that a little but every day they look better.

The times I remember sleeping, I was laying face planted in the sand but my team did get a good picture of me sleeping in a half sitting up position.

In the start of the dive we went down to about 22-23 feet to satisfy the rules for Guinness. After that we moved up between 8 and 13 feet.

Well the best thing about your record, is that you are a member of :sblogo:! Well done and I hope your record lasts a long time!

Carolyn:shark2:

That's funny, everyone has said well the best part of this was you were a member of, or trained by, or a part of. Now if I didn't make it no one would want anyone to know I was a part of their group.

That's funny, everyone has said well the best part of this was you were a member of, or trained by, or a part of. Now if I didn't make it no one would want anyone to know I was a part of their group.

We at SB would still want you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom