SUDS Weekend in PCB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mimac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thanks to Matt, Amanda and all the members of the Atlanta Aquanauts that put together the 2nd Annual SUDS Divefest. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting all of you. We hope that a sizeable amount of money was raised to help the SUDS program - between the raffle and the silent auction, we proudly did out part. Meeting Shane was awesome and really puts a face to the benefits of the SUDS program - his attitude and enthusiasm are amazing. We wish him success in his goal of being a dive instructor and feel confident he will make it.

The weather knew we were coming and we enjoyed two days of sunshine that we had not seen in a long time. The diving with Capt. Pat Green was absolutely great and we highly recommend him to everyone that wants a quality dive experience.

For those of you that did not attend this year, really consider next year. You will not regret it. Thanks again and we look forward to diving with your group again soon.

Mimac & Coosachief (Jodi & Larry McDade)

Thanks for the kind words guys! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend. The weather, diving, and people who came out to support SUDS were simply amazing. We'll have some fundraising totals for you later in the week, but suffice to say we're going to far outpace last year's numbers.

As soon as we finish our "deco obligations" from this year's event, we'll begin talking about dates for next year! I hope you can join us again and I hope to dive with y'all again soon!

Thanks Jodi for starting this thread. I have been looking for one to post my dive reports on and was fixing to start one because I didn't see one. It was great hanging out with you and Pam and the rest of your gang. We had a blast!!

The weekend started with a party Friday night at Shuckums Oyster Pub and Grill. What fun!! I got to meet alot of great folks from SB for the first time and hang out with the gals I had already met! After the party we hung around a bit longer for some awesome karoke going on outside. (No I did not sing or dance) :D

We got up bright and early Saturday morning to go out on two great wreck dives with Capt Pat! The trip was awesome, the crew was great and we had two wonderful days at sea.

The Steel Slinger
20090921_1301.jpg

Lauri, my roommate and dive buddy for Saturday
20090921_1601.jpg

Lauri and I getting ready for our first dive
20090921_1701.jpg

Capt Pat and I
20090921_1801.jpg

Last edited:
We did wreck dives all weekend which was awesome for me because that is my favorite!! On Saturday morning, we did the Black Bart first and had about 50ft vis, max depth of 77ft and bottom temp of 85 degrees!! Our second dive was the Hover Craft Wreck and the vis was about 30ft with a max depth of 75ft.
On Saturday night we had another party at Lime's Bayside Bar and Grill with live music, a great buffet, a raffle and silent auction. Of course I didn't win anything :(. But it was a great time for a great cause and we had a great time!
On Sunday Lauri had to start back on her long trip home so I met Pam and Jodi and their group on Capt Pat's boat again for two more great wreck dives. The vis was not as good on Sunday so our navigation skills were tested and most of us passed :wink: (Yes, I found my way back to the boat) :D The only time I was navigationally challenged over the whole weekend was finding the Marina which was one mile from our hotel :shakehead:

Guys you really did an awesome job putting this event together. I had a great time and I look forward to attending again next year. :)

I know I speak for Capt John on Better Bottom Time as well when I say that we had a blast having everyone on our boats this past weekend and we would be happy to make this an annual event. I'm not sure how Matt and Amanda (and the rest of you) are not still sleeping as I am wiped out from three days of dive trips twice a day..... and I wasn't diving. Those of you marathon divers doing multiple trips per day and hanging out at night (Xavier et al) are animals! It was great getting to meet you guys!

I know I speak for Capt John on Better Bottom Time as well when I say that we had a blast having everyone on our boats this past weekend and we would be happy to make this an annual event. I'm not sure how Matt and Amanda (and the rest of you) are not still sleeping as I am wiped out from three days of dive trips twice a day..... and I wasn't diving. Those of you marathon divers doing multiple trips per day and hanging out at night (Xavier et al) are animals! It was great getting to meet you guys!

No rest for the weary! Those of us in the Atlanta area returned to major flooding, road closures, school closures, airport delays, etc. Between assessing the damage to our house (thankfully very minor), dealing with insurance, and trying to get back to work, it's been non-stop craziness. So my apologies for not getting a thread started sooner. Thanks for picking up the slack, Jodi!:D

Hi everyone! I had a blast, here's a few pics from one of the dives.

- Tim

Attachments

• SUDS Diving Panama city sep 09 - 076.jpg
    SUDS Diving Panama city sep 09 - 076.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 32
  • SUDS Diving Panama city sep 09 - 061.jpg
    SUDS Diving Panama city sep 09 - 061.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 43
  • SUDS Diving Panama city sep 09 - 098.jpg
    SUDS Diving Panama city sep 09 - 098.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 31
It was great meeting you and hanging out with your group! You guys are alot of fun. I look forward to seeing all of you again soon. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom