When's the next DOR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evie G

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

Hey guys! Its been awhile since the last DOR...
So when you planning on having another one? :snorkel:

Hey guys! Its been awhile since the last DOR..
So when do we set another one? :snorkel:

Ive just attended once, & wasnt able to sign the banner, nor have a pic with it.

the last one was in OCTOBER... that was almost ONE YEAR AGO!

ano ba!

evie's right, we need to organize something... we can't wait for the foreigners to fly in... Pak's changing diapers, Larry's doing strange things to wombats in satan's nipple, Simon's getting married, MV's trying to avoid getting married, Iris is in Sing, Van's in the US...

Evie, set something up... september or october (wag lang the weekend of the 16th) would be great

Jag

Anytime. You guys wanna try Nasugbu area? We can dive w/ Sublimer. He handles Dive Crusaders at Canyon Cove. let me know. Ill set it.

Thanks for your support, Evie :)

we opened the water sports facility, Dive Crusaders in Canyon Cove Beach Club last dec.
not only for the divers but non-divers can also enjoy our water sports facility like banana boat, jet ski, kayak, snorkeling, dingy, skim board, hopping tour and sunset cruise, etc...(more to arrive.)
Everyone is welcome to dive with us in Nasugbu, the next manila-based diving destination(hopefully^^:wink:...
it's my honor to PR our Canyon Cove Beach Club and Dive Crusaders.
we have about 10 diving sites(more to be developed and protected!) and fortune is. is really the spot to check out once in your life time.

Fortune Island
^o^Advnatage: very clear vis. down to 30m+ easy most of the time.
ㅡ..ㅡDisadvantage: during the monsoon season, the sea is too rough to get to the island. i'll be honest... nearly impossible to reach.. :depressed: no wonder why it's called the Fortune island.

*Blue holes: are described as one of the most unique underwater architecture ever seen. 3 holes on top and they lead to the open topped cavern at 33m bottom side. you can catch a sight of some reef sharks inside the hole in the morning. crystal clear water with visibility reaching 30m+ on a regular day.
D/level: Advanced OWD+

*Fortune Bahura point: at the back of the Blue hole point, it's a long stretch of slope with hard corals and reef fishes. you often see school of moorish idols, moray eels and turtles. when the wave is big, it's quite interesting feeling the 5m surge(at least) during the safety stop near the wall.
D/level: Advanced OWD+

*The Wreck: located opposite of the beach. The stern and keel of a steel
Dutch freighter are found, nearby is a Volkswagen mini-bus with lots of reef fishes around the wreck.
D/level: OWD+

Twin Island
^o^Advantage: one of the most number of soft corals you can ever encounter.
ㅡ..ㅡdisadvantage: too small number of fishes compare to various field of corals. visibility is often low cause of the river passage after the rain...

*Pink wall: a Wall covered with full of light pink soft corals. the bottom is 25m+ and lots of moray eels, filefishes, moorish idols, banded coral shrimps. large number of fan corals and whip corals off the wall.

*Coral garden: Magnificent areas of healthy soft corals. heard that it used to have lots of sting rays but it's very rare to see them these days...

*Twin east: lots of whip corals, fan corals and small holes to check the marine inhabitants inside w/ flash lights.

Loren Island
^o^Advantage: One of the perfect diving sites for OWD.
ㅡ..ㅡDisadvantage: Again, too small number of fishes compare to number of corals...

*Fuego Point: Recently assigned as MPA(Marine Protected Area) and its U shape lagoon with a variety of corals around the site. lots of reef fishes are coming back since it's designated as MPA and security guards from Punta Fuego become very aggressive diving here without their permission....

*Awash point: Large number of healthy soft & hard corals scattered around the rock formations. water is mostly calm and easy access for OWDs. Mantis shrimp, Moorish idols and parrat fishes are often found around the area.

Canyon Cove Beach Club

^o^Advantage: great beach entry for intro. diving, beach diving and snorkeling. Since it's well protected over 10+ years by break-water(Artificial rocks to break big wave), you can feel and enjoy lots of marine reserve effect within our house reef.
ㅡ..ㅡDisadvantage: fishes are not as friendly cause of some spear action off the break-water. since it's my neighbors' livelihood, can't say no for them..

*Canyon point: been preserved more than 10 years by break-water(artificial reef). large areas filled with healthy stackhorn corals and table corals. variety of reef fishes find themselves shelters by these corals. school of parrat fishes, angel fishes, long fin bat fishes, mantis shrimp and lion fishes.
The best part is the "night diving" here. if you would like to see all kinds of night lives, this is really the spot to check. large number of hermit crabs, lobsters, moray eels and octopus are very active within our reef during night.

There are more great sites i haven't discovered around the area. i meant to update diving sites with my honesty and willing to share the potentials for NASUGBU diving sites. it sure will be a huge challenge for us, dive crusaders to deal with these facts.
we believe this critical status of dive sites as our great opportunity to bring back to busy healthy marine reserves just like anilao or any other marine reserves in PI.
I personally believe that it's worth to fight for not just as a dive shop but as a person who love our mother nature.

thank you for your support and looking forward to dive with you soon.
Cheers~!!!

Minouk Kim
SSI AOWI#46077
Dive Crusaders
Canyon Cove Beach Club
Wawa Brgy, Nasugbu, Batangas

For your inquiries,
0919-695-7933
02-520-6400

Minuok, great post! :) Hope to dive w/ you again soon!

it's a long weekend 19 to 21 sep. tioman, anyone? :D

ran out of bus tickets from SG to Mersing. pttth... been searching for alternatives. and no, flying's too expensive. and the coach thing is insane. i'd rather fly. searching some more. *sigh*

Hi Iris! Miss u na! Post pics of ur adventures huh?

& guys, what about 2nd week of Oct? Im full all weekends of Sept already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom