Help us find a dive shop in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajlm

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My dive buddy and I are planning a May trip to Key Largo. This will be our first trip. We are hoping to dive a few wrecks as well as the area reefs. We have our advanced diving cert and have 100+ dives. We are hoping someone can recommend a dive shop. We don't want to be on a cattle boat.

Florida Conch Divers - ScubaBoard

The Florida Conch Divers forum is a good place to look and ask around. Key Largo has ops for everybody. I like Conch Republic Divers just across Tavernier Creek from Key Largo.

DC

Another thumbs up for Conch Republic. Gary and Brenda are great. :D

However if wrecks are on the top of your list, make sure to ask ANY dive Op you are considering what they will be diving. Many charters skip wrecks if their client base for the day includes newbies, or those that may enjoy reefs vs. wrecks. AOW is a requirement for diving wrecks in the Keys by most OPs, so be sure to include your diving preferences when discussing the itinerary with a potential OP.

Conch Republic is good as well as Quiesence(SP) and Rainbow Reef. Quiesence is a six pack boat. Rainbow Reef has larger and smaller boats. Rainbows price for wrecks is the same as reefs. Quiesence has some larger 100 nitrox tanks, like $6 bucks rental fee. Speigel Grove is awesome. Duane is a nice wreck but can have ripppppping currents. I also hear that the Eagle in Islamorada is a nice dive. Benwood is cool night dive, Silent World goes to the City of Washington for a night dive. Good luck you can't go wrong diving in the keys. Also recommend Sharky's Pub for after hours.

Here's the link for Quiescence: they run six pack boats so there will be not a cattle call. I've tried to go out with them a couple of times, but the marine conditions have blown the trip (which is the negative aspect to a small boat). Others have recommended them highly and some day I will go out with them.

Quiescence Diving Services , Inc., One of Key Largo's Finest Diving Operations

I had a great experience with Conch Republic in May and would highly recommend

CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS " COME SEE WHY WE'RE NOT JUST ANOTHER DIVE SHOP"

Silent world is also nice in that they will do a double dip on a deeper dive site like the Speigle

Dive with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida

If you can pilot a boat, you can rent them down there. Granted it was off season, but one of my buddies was able to rent a 23' CC for $500 for 3 days two weeks ago. Split between 4 divers, that is cheap. All the big wrecks (Spiegel, Duane, Bibb and Eagle) all have mooring buoys. Most of the reefs in the marine sanctuary have buoys as well.

You and a buddy on your own boat? That is the way to do it.

We're trailing he boat down to Largo for 5 days the 2nd weekend in Oct.

It is your schedule and you're sharing the area with just your buddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom