Jefferson Lake this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If anyone is interested in some cool water diving, some of us will be at Jefferson Lake this Saturday, September 5, probably arriving at about 9:00 AM.

Bring your long undies!

Edit: Changed time

Last edited:
I got the time wrong. We will arrive about 9:00 AM. I will be taking a scooter class while there.

yes it is

I may be up for that, assuming I can find a buddy or three to go with.

Anyone Up for Jefferson Lake this Saturday? I know it's Labor Day weekend, but that sounds like a good reason to dive to me! :D

I can go. Are you meeting near the boat ramp?

I'm not sure if you are addressing the ??? to me or John, but I thought we would hook up and ride together, and yes, we would hook up with John near the boat ramp.

I figure we may get there after 9:00am, but I guess that is not a big thing. If you want to go early, we can, or we can be there around maybe 10:00am, and do a dive or two.

If the weather is nice (this time of year, often, but it can get windy/overcast/t-storms) it's a cool place to hang out topside. I think the lake is around 9000', and maybe closer to 10,000', so weather in the mountains can change fast.

We should plan on some food.

I have never been there myself. We are meeting at the main parking lot.

Well, we did meet Ron and Dan in Jefferson Lake in a day that was, well, interesting.

I am sure Ron and Dan were amused at everything that went wrong on our part, and they may be surprised to ow things went much better after they left. Perhaps there is a connection.:D

If you have not been there, Jefferson Lake is off 285 at the northern end of South Park, at an altitude of about 10,600 feet.

None of us went deep, and the coldest temperatures anyone found were in the high 40's. Most of the time we were in the low 50s. The first 15-20 feet of depth had great visibility, but after that, it was not good. Scooter instruction proved a real challenge for a number of reasons that would bore readers, and we will have to finish on another day and another place.

We were a source of constant amusement to the many fishermen there, who could not believe people were diving, and they were quite interested in the scooters. Ron and Dan came out with a lot of lost lures, but they left before we found the grand prize: a full and recently drowned fishing rod that looked to my untutored eyes (I don't fish) like a very nice one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom