Maui next week--Ed Robinson, ProDiver, or Mike Severns for us?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived with Mike Severns several times and I really like them. They're really focused on marine biology and unique animals, and they know their sites. They tend to attract, in my experience, a little more experienced diver population. And they have critter ID books on the boat. They're my first choice for South Maui.

See, you simply won't go wrong picking any of the three: Ed Robinsons's Mike Severns, or ProDiver! Call and find out who has availability and book with confidence. :D

Love the crew at Ed Robinson's as well. Consider them all friend as well after diving with them 3 times a year for 3 years. They are extremely easy going and make sure everyone has good dives. You can't go wrong with them. I like the discount if you do 4 days of diving with them as well.

I highly recommend Mike Severns Diving for South Maui. I think the Cathedrals off Lanai are among the top 10 tourist dives in Hawaii, but then again I would think that :)

I have to agree on this. Dove with them about ten years ago, and the help I got on using my camera (even though it looked like a toy compared to the fisheye housing Mike was shooting with that day) was priceless.

My wife and I dove with Ed Robinson's a month ago. It was a great experience, long bottom times, and individualized profiles. I do not exactly think they go "above and beyond" for photographers as I didn't see them spend any more attention to a photographer as a non-photographer....which is a good thing for a non-photographer, but does not provide much as advertised for the photographer. Most companies I have dove with have provided the same attention to photography as Ed Robinson's.

My vote is for the folks at Mike Severns.

I don't know ProDiver really, but I have noticed that Pauline (the owner) seems to take more interest in the day-to-day operations of the Mike Severns than Ed Robinson does of his op.

This has been a great help...I will post upon my return and let you know what I thought! We leave Monday, will make some calls tomorrow to see about availability, etc. Rather than booking four days with one operator in order to get the discount, tempting as that is, it looks like each has their strengths and I want to give them a try! I am leaning towards at least a day with Severns to get help with photography, and a day at Ed Robinson for comparison, and depending on how "open" they say they are now for later in the week, will decide after the initial dives where to go next. What a great board...so glad I found you!

Looking forward to hearing your impressions. If you do the Adventure charter on Wednesday with Ed Robinsons, you'll likely dive with Ed himself as he is on that charter more often than not.

Have a great time - not hard to do on Maui! I'll be there in 3 weeks. On Mike Severns, tell Capt. Andy Robyn says hi!

Printing this stuff out for my travel folder! Aren't I pathetic? So excited I can hardly stand it. Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom