Jonthan Bird and Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are proud to announce our association with the Ocean Educator, Emmy award winning underwater cinema photographer and still photographer Jonathan Bird!

Jonathan Bird has been documenting and exploring the underwater world using Force Fins for 20 years and we are proud of his accomplishments towards Marine Education and bringing truly compelling underwater images to the world.

He is founder and President Oceanic Research Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to ocean conservation through education, and producer of Jonathan Bird's Blue World. He has worked for nearly every major broadcaster, including National Geographic and PBS. His work takes him underwater, around the world. His Force Fins of choice: The Extra and Pro Model Force Fins

Take advantage of our affiliation with Jonathan bird when you click on the the below hyper link which is also found on our website to support the Oceanic Research Group and also receive a gift of Å´hadows and Light - A Photographic Exploration of the Sea in Black and White. This is a signed copy of a first edition book with an estimated value of $50.00 and comes with your order of Pro Force fins from this hyper link.
http://www.forcefin.com/user2.html?=FF&AFFIL=ORMA64

Last edited:
i saw him on youtube in that video when he talks about his fins and then, within the blink of an eye he jumps into the water that's filled with sharks. my brother and i were so jealous of him but we could see he's a real pro and that was my trigger for trying to study more about force fins.

Hey gang, it only took me a year to notice this thead. :) Thanks for the kudos! We just posted a new season 2 webisode about mandarinfish.

Season 2 of the show is finished and has been scheduled for release to public television beginning Oct. 9. Already, 30% of the USA has scheduled the show for broadcast in October. Here is a schedule. We also have a blog which is fun if you want to keep up on the production. I recently had the chance to dive with both David Doubilet and Wyland--great fun!

We will be releasing a new webisode each month on our new website and we have 20 of them finished, so there will be no shortage! Meanwhile, we have already begun shooting season 3!

The season 1 programs have been posted in a larger size on the new site, and there are 15 webisodes of them to watch if you need a scuba fix!

Since this is a Force Fin thread, I would like to thank my pals Bob and Blair for their continued support of my show. I have been wearing Force Fins exclusively since about 1990 and nothing else will do! I do go back and forth on which model I use the most but for the past 5 years it has been pretty much the Force Fin Pro and Tan Delta. I have two different sizes--one for the wetsuit and one for the drysuit. My favorite pair of Force Fin Pros has been diving with me 200+ dives a year for more than 10 years and is still in service.

Keep up the good work Bob and Blair!!

Jonathan

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Season 2 is here!

After nearly 2 years in production, the JBBW season 2 DVDs are here! Get all 7 half-hour programs of Jonathan Bird's Blue World on a 2 disc set in anamorphic 16:9 widescreen, plus a bonus feature! And until December 15, you can get special pre-holiday pricing! Need holiday gifts? They got you covered!
[/FONT]

Hey Blair! I'm glad to see that your local Public TV station is now airing the show. We are now in 52% of the USA, 150 million homes and 30 some odd states and growing!

After a couple months of R&R with my family this winter, we are now settling down into a big shooting frenzy starting work on season 3. Already for season 3 we have been to the Galapagos, Curacao, Raja Ampat and Cayman. We are off on shoots to the GA Aquarium, Bahamas, Mexico, Canadian arctic, Iceland and Australia in the next couple of months.

We are also starting a new series of short videos about the equipment of diving to help promote the sport. They will appear only on our website. Force Fins will get a big plug because I am not very unbiased when it comes to fins.

Hey, and where the heck were the force fins in the new Sport Diver gear issue?? ????? :(

Jonathan

Jonathan, I was wondering about Sport Diver gear issue also. I enjoy reading your articles and the great photo's. I remember what Mark Twain said " Don't mess with the Press, they have barrels of ink" So let's watch your show's.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom