Coral Spawning 2009 - Ocean Encounters West, Westpunt, Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Coral Spawning 2009

Hey SBer's!! If you are going to be on Curacao on September 10th... you don't want to miss this year's Coral Spawning!!

So... come and join Ocean Encounters West for this year's spectacular coral spawning which only happens twice a year!!

Where and When:
Sept. 10th @ 6:00pm - SOL Food - Westpunt, Curacao
- Dr. Mark Vermeij from Carmabi will be giving a coral spawning presentation detailing what to expect and diving protocols.
- Sunshine will be serving her legendary pizza with non-alcoholic beverages
9:00pm at Ocean Encounters West - Playa Kalki, Westpunt
- Guided night shore dive to witness this spectacular spawning event right at our awesome house reef, "Alice in Wonderland"!!

After the dive social - talk about the cool stuff we all saw over a few polars!!

Price: $75 USD per person - spaces are limited so please reserve your spot in advance!

To reserve your spot, please email us, call us or PM me directly!

Hope to see you out on the 10th!!

Best regards and safe diving,
Bryan

Ph: 5999-864-0102

Hi kmcneer!

There will be some spawning going on before and after the 10th however the BIG predicted night will be on the 10th.

Hope to see you during that period!

If you have any questions... please do not hesitate to contact me!!

Best regards and Safe Diving!!
Bryan

oh, Bry... you know where i will be -- a hop skip and a jump from you!!! But I have to put this down on my calendar. When is the other time of the year? Although I think fall is the big one right? take pics for facebook, please??? soon come mon, soon come

PS congrats again, hope you officially registered yourself on the SB's captain's site here :)

The Full moon is early in the month this year - 4th September and 4th October. From previous years I would expect the 7th to 13th of each month to be when the Coral Spawning occurs. Now which may be the most spectacular is debatable, as the full moon occurs early in each month. I note on Habitat Bonaires web site that last weeks winning picture was a Spawning Brittle Star. (there is often a small spawning the month before), so September might be the right time.

We will be in Curacao/Bonaire from September 26-October 11 on our honeymoon ....hope we'll get to see the spawning!

We will be in Curacao/Bonaire from September 26-October 11 on our honeymoon ....hope we'll get to see the spawning!

bandb.jpg

"Hey Beavis, she said she wants to see "spawning" on her honeymoon! Heh, heh, heh!"

the sad part is my fiance' and i laughed so hard....very nice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom