Haigh Sunday Quarry August 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Lucky, the wife and I are going out on Lake Michigan to do a few wreck dives on the 30th. If you or anyone else is available on Saturday the 29th a couple of us are going out to Milwaukee to do some awesome wreck diving. Two tank dive for $85.00. Maybe we'll do the BBQ thing as well, still in the works.

Hey Dan, I would love to join you and Melissa on Saturday, but I am already going shore diving in Hammond on Saturday. plus, I cant go out of town as I am supervising my nephews (technically babysitting but they are teenagers) while their mom is on vacation. Milwaukee is just to far for me to go and get there early enough for the boat. I would be interested in another trip so let me know if you guys are going out again.

Hey guys,

Got to dive at Haigh with my daughter yesterday, see the included links for pics!

Dive #1

Dive #2

She'll be joining me on Sunday!

BTW, since it seems like the meat & carbs are pretty well covered for the food we'll whip up a nice homemade fruit salad and bring some whipped topping if anyone wants (Cool Whip)... I'll also get a few bags of chips...

Bob (aka Kyphur)

No worries Dale. Next time for sure. If plans change, let us know. Otherwise see you next time.

For those of you who made it to the quarry on Sunday, I am glad you came out and we got to dive together. A good time was had by all.

For those that did not make it out, you missed a great day. The viz was pretty great for the quarry. I got three good dives in while others got a few more. One of our buddies hit 300 dives so we all went out to dive with him while he lead us around and took some pictures. The fish were active including the ginormous Tiger Muskie that we followed for a bit. I led one of the dives and took us straight to the quarry drain plug. (Completely by mistake but it was the intended goal. I just got there without having to get to the LARC first.) We had a community lunch and spent a nice day at Haigh.

Again, thank you to all the showed up for the fantastic diving day. We will definitely do it again, before winter sets in, Hopefully more people can make it out for that dive day.

Attachments

• muskie.jpg
    muskie.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 40
It was nice diving with you Luckyand the group yesterday at HQ.I had a real nice timeand i am looking forward to diving again with all of you before the season is over at HQ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom