Diving in Central Kentucky??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, sorry I havent been on the last couple days, I am now certified! yay

All I saw at the quarry was the police car, lol. We hit 45 feet looking for somebody's mask that they lost the days before, but I couldnt see the bottom until my knees hit it. lol!~

It was a blast, but when me and my buddy were doing the nav dive, we were way faster than anybody else, but i noticed i have to realy kick (dolphin most of the time) to keep up with his flutter, he was using paddle fins while i was on my splits, im looking at the Aqualung Slingshots as my next pair of fins, thats awhile down the road tho. (any input on those?)

Other than that, the bottom was super cold! (really happy I got the semi-dry for the treasurehunt!)

Hey Mitch, Congratulations!!!!:dancingsnoopy:

My instructor carries the Sling Shots. To be honest I have never tried them, but they seem kind of gimmicky to me. The stiffer the fin, generally the more power they have, but they do work the legs harder. I use Twin Jet Max split fins in a wet suit with my recreational gear & love them, kicking is almost effortless, but I don't cover ground (or, I guess in this case, reef) very fast, but it is comfortable. I use the very stiff Jet Fins in my drysuit, especially when I have my double cylinders on. Those cylinders are a lot of mass (drag) to move trough the water.

Congrats Mitch. I had no doubt that you could do it. :cool2: Look forward to diving with you.

WOOT, WOOT!! Congrats!! Don't forget about the get together at Pennyroyal over Labor Day weekend. If transportation is an issue you might talk to Chris or JP. Tell Mom and Dad that we will take care of you. :)
I have heard the same thing about the sling shots. I have a pair of OCeanic Vectors that I am thinking about putting up for sale. I bought them for my OW class. Since moving to dry and doubles I haven't dove them... $30. Size large.

Lol, ill try the weekend, dunno tho. with the AP classes, ill be lucky to get any dives in until a 3-4 day weekend. You are just the entrepreneur arnt u wally? lol, anyways, thank you all. I will try to get my buoyancy up before i hit the underwater with yall

WOOT, WOOT!! Congrats!! Don't forget about the get together at Pennyroyal over Labor Day weekend. If transportation is an issue you might talk to Chris or JP.

It would be no problem to load a little more gear in the scuba van. I plan on diving wet so I could use a dive buddy for the warmer waters! We could also just do a single day that weekend if it works better for your schedule.

It would be no problem to load a little more gear in the scuba van. I plan on diving wet so I could use a dive buddy for the warmer waters! We could also just do a single day that weekend if it works better for your schedule.

...I'm hoping that I get to dive dry but will probably still stay in the shallows. :cool2:

...I'm hoping that I get to dive dry but will probably still stay in the shallows. :cool2:

That reminds me, I have some lead for sale! :rofl3:

I'll erase the exam answers from the SSI dry suit manual and we will see how you do....:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom