Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sat took 10 divers to Blk Thorn area, vis about 30 feet. Had 11 divers Sunday about 5 miles inshore of that area, vis about 20 - 25 feet. Lot's of fish, and sail fish on the surface chasing bait.

Got water proof soft case for my new I-Phone. Works great thru that. Like the large screen of the new I-phone. I check about 5 different sites the night before on home computer and again in the A.M.
Around 5:30 A.M. on the way to the Dock my wife/DM checks the wind speed,directions, sea/wave height at about 6 different locations on the wind moniter sites on shore and off shore. I like being able to track the motion and direction of the storms on the radar on the phone which I can not do with boat radar.

Last Wed with Charter group using my I -Phone I was able to track the movement of the storms and changed my plans and was able to stay out of the lighting. That was pretty nice.

Got a report from the Red Tide people I send my water samples to and they said Red Tide is down south off of BG Pass. None in my samples off of Clw.

Have several Great weather sites on my web site any one can use. Check it out at Scuba Dive Florida - Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters - Diving Tampa, Clearwater, St.Petersburg - Dive Trip Charter Boat.

Big Cell off of Clw at 4;30 A.M. Hope it is gone by time my charter runs. Not much 100 miles out.

Had 9 divers on Charter, most doing their first Open Water dive for real. Went to Vet Barge. Vis was Great. Could see barges from boat deck and divers below. 35-40 foot viz on bottom. Went 1 mile N/W from there to pretty ledge and Viz was about 35 feet there. NO current both dives, Tag line stayed next to boat.

Sucks being the Capt/Bus Driver sometimes!!! L.O.L.

Weather is NOT looking good for this Weekend,Possible High winds and big seas, have 2 trips both Sat & Sunday and may have to cancel all 4 trips. That hurt $$$ but safety first always!!. Not sure about my Monday and Tuesday trip yet. Hope the weather man is wrong!!

Water Nice and Hot!!!

Storm Cells stayed south and West of us. So nice to be able to track movement on I-Phone.. Wish I had that 30 years ago!

Capt. Mike

Went out of Venice today. I hit the M-10 Barge in about 70' of water. The vis was around 30'.
Did a second dive about 1 mile offshore in 30' the Vis was about 5 - 10'.

Went out to Veteran's barges and the airplane barge today. Water temp 87 degrees, vis was 20 on first dive, about 15 on the second. Lot of particulate in the water. Slight north current on the airplane barge dive. Went out on the Can-Tank-erous from the Seminole boat marina. Captian Mike and DM Heidi were great!!

Dove with Capt. Ty Thomas on the Mexican Pride yesterday. Seas were sporty close in shore, but at 20 miles or so off shore, the seas laid down nicely, and basically were flat. My computer caught the surface water temp at 87. There was a thermocline at 80 ft. Under the thermocline water temp was 83, and visiabilty was 60 - 70 ft. above it, vis was 100 ft plus. There was a very slight current running from stern to bow. Thanks to Ty for another great trip! :palmtree: Bob,

Last edited:
Off AristaKat Charters
29 Aug 09
Boneyard
Wind W 5-10 mph
Tide High @ 8:30 am Low Tide: 5:30 pm
Viz 6 ft
Water Temp 87
Jelly fish in area. (small amounts) Time for skins again folks........

Niiiice day today - I actually got to dive for fun!

W of Mad Beach -
80' / 25' vis / 85 degrees
70' same
60' / 20' vis / 85 degrees
20' / hazy 10' of vis / 87 degrees - monster jellies :shocked2:

Another primo day offshore! :D

NW of Mad Beach in 55'. Both sites had about 20' vis. Bottom temp was 86.

Lotsa nice snappers and hogs on both spots. Just lookin' today.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom