Family Trip to Curacao in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed on all counts, but anyone going to Curacao needs to plan to spend a day or two up in Westpunt visiting Bryan, Andreas, and crew at OEW for a day of diving and the Sunshine for dinner!

I've been corresponding with Bryan every so often. The three spots I really want to dive while in Curacao are Mushroom Forest, Watamula, and Rediho. Everything else is gravy.

Given that it's partly a family trip with my non-diving wife and 5 month old (at that time) baby, I limited myself to diving 4 days (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri). I can't seem to fit Watamula and Rediho anywhere since at this point Friday is the only day I haven't scheduled dives and OE West does not go to Watamula and Rediho on Friday (current schedule).

We'll see. I'm trying to shuffle my dive schedule to accommodate a trip to OE West for sure.

Thanks Sunshine.

Luke I do think you'd enjoy the Superior Producer wreck and the Car Pile at Pier Bay.

Then again the double reef at Porto Marie is grand and ah yes the small wall at Caracasbay.

Sorry to add to your dillema but it had to be said.

Don

I've been corresponding with Bryan every so often. The three spots I really want to dive while in Curacao are Mushroom Forest, Watamula, and Rediho. Everything else is gravy.

Given that it's partly a family trip with my non-diving wife and 5 month old (at that time) baby, I limited myself to diving 4 days (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri). I can't seem to fit Watamula and Rediho anywhere since at this point Friday is the only day I haven't scheduled dives and OE West does not go to Watamula and Rediho on Friday (current schedule).

We'll see. I'm trying to shuffle my dive schedule to accommodate a trip to OE West for sure.

May I offer a suggestion.
Dive Charter Curacao offers boat drift dive:
Two tank Westpunt Mushroom Forrest & Watamula = $105 USD
DiveCharterCuracao.com
They specialize in the more adventurous advanced diving. So if you are wanting to dive the North area or the far East end or Watalmula to the Blue Room Cavern, contact Niels Jorissen – Email: info@divechartercuracao.com ; Phone: 529-3899

I just had a group staying at Flamingo Villa use them and they had a great time diving the wrecks and the more secluded area.

If you need additional information, feel free to contact me: info@Flamingo-Villa.com
Flamingo

Luke I do think you'd enjoy the Superior Producer wreck and the Car Pile at Pier Bay.

Then again the double reef at Porto Marie is grand and ah yes the small wall at Caracasbay.

Thanks.

Here is my schedule so far:
Tuesday AM: Mushroom Forest (Caribbean Sea Sports)
Tuesday Night: Marriott House Reef (Caribbean Sea Sports)

Wednesday AM: Small Wall (Caribbean Sea Sports) ?
Wednesday PM: Saba (Caribbean Sea Sports) ?

Thursday AM: Superior Producer (Caribbean Sea Sports)
Thursday PM: {laya Largo (Caribbean Sea Sports)

Friday AM: Open
Friday PM: Open

At this point Wednesday is a maybe and Friday is open.

May I offer a suggestion.
Dive Charter Curacao offers boat drift dive:
Two tank Westpunt Mushroom Forrest & Watamula = $105 USD
DiveCharterCuracao.com

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll contact them. It will work if they go to Watamula on Wednesday or Friday. I'll have to rent a car as well.

I am jealous of your schedule - here's mine:
Monday - work
Tuesday - work?
Wednesday - work again
Thursday - work
Friday - take a guess :D

Are you sure CSS is going to Mushroom Forest? When I was there in July they had replaced that trip with a drift along the Korridor, which was a really colorful dive. From what I heard Mushroom Forest is a bit overrated, however I've never been there so I am going on hearsay. :confused:

If you do check out West Punt - be sure to stop in at Jaanchi's for lunch, it's about as authentic Caribbean as you can get.

Mike

Monday - work
Tuesday - work?
Wednesday - work again
Thursday - work
Mike
:rofl3: That was great Mike. :rofl3:

Are you sure CSS is going to Mushroom Forest? When I was there in July they had replaced that trip with a drift along the Korridor, which was a really colorful dive.

I found the CSS website to be a real "car pile". I couldn't find any kind of schedule, the font size was small (yeah, I needed to get out my reading glasses), and hard to navigate through the tourist ... ummm ... stuff.

They did have a news announcement that they are now running a trip out to Mushroom Forest, since it was such a success for them.

Flamingo
Flamingo Villa, Curacao Luxury Villa Rental

They did have a news announcement that they are now running a trip out to Mushroom Forest, since it was such a success for them.

They run the Mushroom Forest Trip via Zodiac from their Cas Abou beach location. Did it with them last year. Need to have enough people signed up for them to do it. Min 4 I think.

Thanks.

Here is my schedule so far:
Tuesday AM: Mushroom Forest (Caribbean Sea Sports)
Tuesday Night: Marriott House Reef (Caribbean Sea Sports)

Wednesday AM: Small Wall (Caribbean Sea Sports) ?
Wednesday PM: Saba (Caribbean Sea Sports) ?

Thursday AM: Superior Producer (Caribbean Sea Sports)
Thursday PM: {laya Largo (Caribbean Sea Sports)

Friday AM: Open
Friday PM: Open

At this point Wednesday is a maybe and Friday is open.
Please, rub more salt in my wound! :D Seriously, enjoy yourself and safe dives.

Monday - work
Tuesday - work?
Wednesday - work again
Thursday - work

If you do check out West Punt - be sure to stop in at Jaanchi's for lunch, it's about as authentic Caribbean as you can get.

Mike
Would appear that Mike and I have the identical schedule. :depressed:

Yes, Jaanchi's is a must stop for lunch. Great price and good home cooking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom