Diving in Central Kentucky??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okie dokie artichokie

Ok, so, just got my first gear in, I love it all! seasoft scuba ti stealth boots, atomic aquatics splitfins, atomic aquatics sv2 snorkel, atomic aquatics subframe mask. Its all great!

everything is exactly made for me personally it feels like, its great

Oh no split fins!! :wink:

What's wrong with splits for recreational diving? I wear them when I'm not wearing my drysuit..... uhmmmmm..... errrr..... maybe that isn't so good. The only time I wear a wetsuit is in the pool......:shakehead: I will admit, they don't do much for moving double cylinders through the water......

I couldn't do anything with split. Ever try to helicopter with splits? It takes forever. JP learned the advantage of diving with stiff fins last weekend with doubles. Some people love them but I just couldn't do it.

JP learned the advantage of diving with stiff fins last weekend with doubles.

Actually I didn't really notice too much difference. I could tell that it took a little more effort possibly to get them moving but over all not really that different . The fins I dive with are somewhat of a compromise between split and paddle fins (Aeris Velocity). I've tried split fins and they just don't have the maneuverability that you need in tight quarters. On the other hand I've got Turtles that I use with my drysuit and they give me foot cramps. I prefer something in the middle ground.

I haven't noticed much difference when diving Twin Jet Max (splits) in a singe tank, than when diving my Jet fins with my doubles. The Twin Jet Max are split, but are stiff across the fin board. Now those Jet fins can just about move a freight train, but yes, are more strain on the legs. Come to think of it,...... moving those doubles around underwater is like a freight train too. No quick starts, stops or turns......:D

Hey, here's a subject that I have some first hand knowledge of. I've had on 3 different sets of fins in my last two days of diving.

Tusa X-pert split fins = easy on the legs, fast with minimal effort in still water with a single cylinder. with doubles on or in current, they are like riding a 10 speed bicycle in first gear. A lot of pedaling but you don't get anywhere fast.

OMS Sliptream (paddle fins)= TOUGH on the legs, not fast unless you work your butt off, but super powerful and give great body control. It's also nice to be able to take a forward step or 2 on dry land without doing a face-plant. Awesome for a frog kick if I can get my technique down.

Twinjet Max = a pretty nice compromise between the two but closer to the Tusa than the OMS. Unfortunately, these weren't mine and I had to return them after the dive. I liked them much better than my Tusa's

Sorry for hijacking your thread Mitch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom