Canon G10 and Big eye pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The jellyfish shot is excellent! (just have to get rid of the 3 fins & bubbles...)
Looking forward to more reports/photos...

The jellyfish shot is excellent! (just have to get rid of the 3 fins & bubbles...)
Looking forward to more reports/photos...

Yea, I know... just wanted to post uncorrected images...I honestly was not expecting it to come out...

Maybe you could drill a 1/64 hole in an obscure place, purge the lens with dry nitrogen and then close the drilled hole with thickened epoxy. Or, return the lens and ask for one that does not fog. N

Maybe you could drill a 1/64 hole in an obscure place, purge the lens with dry nitrogen and then close the drilled hole with thickened epoxy. Or, return the lens and ask for one that does not fog. N

It seems they just do that... how lame is that? I suspect it was put together without being done in a dry room....:shakehead: I will wait till winter and pull it apart when the humidity is 5% or so...

Puffer Fish,

Firstly, awesome shots!

Second, you mentioned the 10 degree temperature drop.. out of curiosity, what was the actual temperature of the water?

I was debating picking this lense up sooner rather than later, but I dive predominately cold, mountain lakes.. so viscous thermoclines and temperature changes are the norm... If it's going to fog up on me in these conditions, I may as well wait to pick it up until they fix the issue or until I go somewhere with warmer waters.... Which will be a while... Is anyone else having this fogging problem in cooler waters?

I have had problems in warm water diving in Belize with Belize Adventure Lodge (some dives 82 and also locally in a quarry (70). I will give in few more dive and see it I get not to do it.

Puffer Fish,

Firstly, awesome shots!

Second, you mentioned the 10 degree temperature drop.. out of curiosity, what was the actual temperature of the water?

I was debating picking this lense up sooner rather than later, but I dive predominately cold, mountain lakes.. so viscous thermoclines and temperature changes are the norm... If it's going to fog up on me in these conditions, I may as well wait to pick it up until they fix the issue or until I go somewhere with warmer waters.... Which will be a while... Is anyone else having this fogging problem in cooler waters?

Was in the 80 down to the 70's..

This issue is talked about in the manual... with no actual solution.. if you can take it apart.. then putting it back together on a cold dry winter day would solve the issue.

Does anybody know where can I get this lens in Miami?

I will explain: I am travelling abroad and the next destination is Bonaire. I will only be in Miami one day before the flight leaves. Since I will be staying in some simple hotel, I don´t know if it would be safe to buy online and have it shipped there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom