DiveBandit @ Diver's Supply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all went by Divers Supply today and was very impresed with the change's! I liked it before as for they allways treated me well.
But went there less and had to go ellswhere for my need's, for they had less to offer me as I seeked more training and experience!
Glad to hear they are doing more advanced training for divers interested in going to the next level of diving!
Hope to see them add some regular dive trips and a Dive club would be nice if they they choose, as for it is allways a challange to find people to dive with!

Doug, You may want to check with them... They did have a club. Maybe it went defunct? Dunno, SB is my "club". I do know Aaron use to offer club discounts to people who went on trips I put together... Their number is in my sig, if you want to give them a shout. :)

Hey Tracy thanks for the heads up!
I do remember a club when Aaron was there. But as I remember. It was just a marketing thing to get you in the store for special pricing events.
Not a real club with dives and get togethers to meet other divers! It seemed like a waste of money to pay for being selicited to come to a dive shop on special nites for dicscounted items/sales?
Just give me a fair price on things needed to dive,training,dive trips and an enviroment to socialize and meet other divers!!!!

The club is still alive. I'm in the process of putting back together the club and the training program. I'm also getting some very cool trips planned to the Speigel Grove, the newly sunk "miracle of life" in Deerfield, and a trip to the big V in Key west.

The dive club members get a 5% discount on everything. You just have to make sure when you joined that they coded you as a dive club member. We'll be getting the club meetings up and scheduled again soon too. As soon as I get some free time I'll also be updating their website with all the new stuff. Stay tuned...

McGowan, you are correct. I started out at Calypso when I first became an instructor, but that was a non-paying volunteer gig. Once I decided to make this a career I had to leave there as they do not pay thier instructors. I did enjoy my time there and I think Ed, Marge, and Gary are nice people.

Phew. I thought something had happened to the shop. Glad to hear it was a good career move for you.

McGowan, you are correct. I started out at Calypso when I first became an instructor, but that was a non-paying volunteer gig. Once I decided to make this a career I had to leave there as they do not pay thier instructors. I did enjoy my time there and I think Ed, Marge, and Gary are nice people.

Recently I was working with Scuba West, but within a few weeks of starting there I realized it wasn't what I thought it would be. When the Divers supply position came up I took it.

I think I'll be very happy with Divers supply as the guys there are just as enthusiastic about diving as I am. The place has really changed for the better since Kyle took over, and the synergy (sorry for the corporate term) there is incredable. I'm particularly excited about the technical program and services being implemented. You'll soon be able to get IANTD training, cave training, trimix fills, etc. I can't wait.

Ed is awesome, but yeah, a man has to get a paycheck...

The club is still alive. I'm in the process of putting back together the club and the training program. I'm also getting some very cool trips planned to the Speigel Grove, the newly sunk "miracle of life" in Deerfield, and a trip to the big V in Key west.

The dive club members get a 5% discount on everything. You just have to make sure when you joined that they coded you as a dive club member. We'll be getting the club meetings up and scheduled again soon too. As soon as I get some free time I'll also be updating their website with all the new stuff. Stay tuned...
Let us know how to become a club member when you can

All you need to do is stop by the shop and we'll take care of it.

Let us know how to become a club member when you can

Cost for membership is $25. It gets you $2 off of air or nitrox fills (up to two per day). You also get 5% off of purchases and about once a month you get access to special sales where you get employee pricing.

Just spoke to Kyle actually and I guess they are going to get this club thing moving. Supposed to start having special speakers about once a month...

Note, if you are ever on one of the trips I have put together, let the shop guys know and you will get the same rate for fills as the club members. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom