Force Fin assembly and criteria?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The purpose of this post is to be the extension of Blair Mott's post as how and where all the parts come from to make a Force Fin meet The Barry Amendment requirements.

I would respectfully like to hear input from the Fin Doctor (Bob Evans, Blair Mott, Meesier42, Uncleavi, Susanne, etc to get passionate about their Force Fin involvement and process as how a force fin is assembled, yet not giving all the secrets. How the material is picked and how much material is used to make one fin also how many pounds of material is used. also pounds of fuel and furnaces needed for the baking process. From raw material to packaging and shipped out to stores or customers.

You can add how many pairs of special fins are made at one time, any additional processes that are taken to make the tan delta materials. I know you always wanted to talk about the Tan Delta line and why they justify a higher price, Bob. So now you have the floor.

How many plants there may be and if those plants are designed to make certain models. If customers can order a custom fin and what is the process and what plant it is sent. How many overall employees are hired and what positions and general number of employees on each of the needed positions. For example, assembly line/ quality control/ shipping and receiving/ inventory/ personnel to shape and trim the new fins to the final shape of the force fin.

Are there any manufacturing techniques that you may do to try to keep pollution to a minimal that may outshine other manufacturers in the US? Such as recycling, etc?

What is the quality process behind the fins? What makes a fin not pass and what are the quality control looking for? How are these personnel picked? How are the fins tested/ How long and how many testers?

With those customer cards that comes with your products when purchased. How important are our comments/concerns. Please give examples as maybe what product in the force fin line might have been addressed from a customer in order for you to make a new creation in your force fin line.

Finally, how has the economy has affected your manufacturing, your numbers of sales and how will you fight it out and what can the consumer do to keep the remaining American companies here and alive.

I would like you all to think about this because I am certain that this post will be a next big hit. Please take your time in answering and to all that is anticipating this thread and to those that are going to put in their inputs let's see what Force fin can deliver.

Last edited:
Tridacna,

I will admit that I was overoptimistic over this thought that Force Fin would clue us in as how one single production may look like. When I look at my three pairs, I see curiosity and wanted that curiosity answered. Maybe Force Fin has to stay a secret, I don't know. I must have shot myself on the foot at this time so yah thinking of it, it is kind of funny to think I would get answers to my post, I will watch my questions more in the future and thanks for pointing it out.

castanagajt:

If you are not currently an industrial spy, you should seriously consider that occupation (although you'd have to be a bit more subtle in gaining access to the info). I'm surprised you didn't ask about sex lives and bank balances. BTW, does "castanagajt" translate as "Chutzpah" in some foreign language? I've made bids on companies without getting as much information as you requested.

Yes, I am a communist scientist trying to find out the inner workings of Force Fin company. So I can take over the United States by Chinese divers armed with type 85's and AK47's. Are you entertained?

If you both were observant, these questions were posted 4 months prior to the Day at Force Fin HQ USA was posted. Maybe my questions has made it possible for you all to see Blair's "A day at Force Fin HQ USA.

Doc, I am indeed sorry if I upset you, but my remarks were only in jest. It seems that an old post was resurrected and I missed that the year was 2008 instead of 2009. My apologies. You have to admit that you did ask for the keys to the kingdom though. But anyway welcome to America comrade! Please enjoy your stay. :wink: (still joking)

Did you do your whole enlistment on Oki? I was at Camp Pendleton myself.

Last edited:
I must say with in 12 minutes the World's Nukes we have aimed at each other will make all of us toast along with every thing else, gone. Tonight and tomorrow we are all brothers. Yesterday I offered a homeless person a drink other than our hose. At first I was upset with some one coming onto our plant area and using our garden hose for a drink. I looked at him and he looked like my dad. " Please can I give you some good water", and his answer was "yes". Please let's all of us respect each other, and simmonsjr you set the stage for all of us being brothers. Love Bob

I can see it now. Uncleavi is outside the front gate with a sign "Will work for a pair of Flying Force Fins" :baaa:

Uncleavi has went to the HQ and when he was there he has felt like pavlov's dog but in trying out Force Fins. Does he get paid from there? My guess is probably not. I am sure he has a different life that keeps food on the table.

Yah, I do get tense quite easily because there are lots of asshats that lurks in Scubaboard, let alone in diving in general so I do get tense. For sure I will take your apology because it doesn't happen as often as it should these days.

As for the brief military experience I was stationed in Portsmouth, VA in a hospital setting. I really hated those 2 years dearly and literally counting the days to get rotated to Camp Pendleton, CA for FMSS. From there, it has taken me to Okinawa, JP. for my remainder of 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom