Quick Question about Dogwood at Ginnie springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't plan to dive dogwood, never even side mounted before so thats a no go for me anyways. I do plan to do a dive to mapleleaf possibly, and I would like to dive the Eye, how long of a penatration is it till it connects to the ear? is it like P.300'? whats the eyes depth?

the vis was in the 20ft range at the time. pretty tannic but basically clear.

yes, jean, we're planning on end of sept! 26 thru oct 3, so save us some time!

I don't plan to dive dogwood, never even side mounted before so thats a no go for me anyways. I do plan to do a dive to mapleleaf possibly, and I would like to dive the Eye, how long of a penatration is it till it connects to the ear? is it like P.300'? whats the eyes depth?

How far have you been before?

The eye to the ear is probably around 200', I've never cared enough to count knots when running a line. Depth goes from 0' at the surface to 60/70ish in the Gallery (I honestly don't know depth at the floor there, because who stays at the floor?). It's gently sloping, which is perfect for deco on the way out.

The map I have of dogwood shows that it only penetrates 160 ft with 7 identified restrictions with a note on the map that say "Advanced Cave dive with many major restrictions requiring a no-mount configuration". This is beyond what most full cave certified divers would ever attempt.

the furthest i have been in the Devils Ear was P.960 ish to the Maple Leaf using doubles

i was looking at Jeff Hancock's map, and saw that theres no gaps/jumps, to get to the "Bone Line", and was wondering if it would be within my limits to dive to the Mapleleaf (or end of the Bone line) via the Bone line, going through Bone room, and the Big room in stead of takeing the Main line through Cornflakes etc...

there is a jump, atleast when I dove that way back in May there was. At the terminal room just past the keyhole the main line heads up towards cornflakes, but there is a jump marked to go to the bone room.

oops, didn't see that.. just looked like they were tied off on the same rock, oh well I will just dive the main line then just to be safe.

does anyone know how narrow the devils eye is till it connects to the ear? someone told me its a minor ristriction and its still diveable just need to stay single file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom