hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobcarr

Reaction score
hi all
i am a new diver
i was just dropping a line
:doctor:
does any one know some good dive sites for a new open water diver

thanx heaps
bob

Welcome to the best board, SCUBA or otherwise on the entire net. I hope you learn as much and meet as many fine people as I have. Have fun and enjoy...

First off, where is Armidale, and second, are you related to the Bob Carr that the stadium in Gainesville Florida was named for???

Welcome to scubaboard Bobcarr!

Hope you find lots of good information here. This is a pretty good place to start for a beginner. Someone on here can pretty much answer any questions you may have, or who knows you may hold the answers to someone elses questions.

My site has a tips section that you might find helpfull as a new diver.

Enjoy!

Greetings from the briar patch bobcarr!

You might check out the "Where have you dived?" thread for a fantastic list of the best diving the world has to offer. These people have been everywhere! Bet you can find a dive buddy near you!

Glad to have you aboard :D

Ber :bunny:

and a warm welcome from Ottawa - Canada. Lots of great places to dive up here (coast to coast), but you can't be a whimp - according to some on the board we're diving cold (though I don't think so - until it gets below the 50F mark)

Welcome from Rainy Oregon.

Scott

and a WARM ARIZONA welcome

Doing the check out dives? some will say that if you learn in low Viz water like TX when you go to the very clear say Cozumel or GUAM you won't get lost as fast..

Bobcarr,
Welcome from NJ.
As the others have said, this is the place for scuba info- to give and to get.
As for 'good' dive sites for a new diver- there are so many, they're hard to keep track of. Look around the board at the travel forums-for particular destinations, and ask at your LDS for "local" sites". (For example, I'm partial to Cozumel, the Bahamas, and the Caymans, and there are some good sites in the NJ area, if you like "cooler and darker" water than the carribean- but I haven't dove those in many years-warm water for me.)
In any event, keep reading the replies,and checking the other threads, and I'm sure you'll find many good suggestions.
Again, welcome and good luck,

MikeD

Welcome Bobcarr..

This is N1Hawk from Toronto, Ontario. Welcome aboard and ask lots of questions!

N1Hawk!

Originally posted by bobcarr
hi all
i am a new diver
i was just dropping a line
:doctor:
does any one know some good dive sites for a new open water diver

thanx heaps
bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom