Diving @ Punta Fuego, Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmb.amdg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear All,

I am invited to a family reunion that will be held at Punta Fuego this coming August 22-23. I have never been to Punta Fuego - and I would want to know if there is any chance of diving. My family and I dive - so, it would be nice if I knew whether or not to throw in dive gear.

If there is diving - does Punta Fuego have a Dive Shop? What are the dive sites in the nasugbu area? Anything like Anilao?

Will really appreciate any advise.

Best regards,

L

havent dove there but i heard there was a dive shop there run by Eureka. not sure if they still run it. try calling Eureka in rockwell to check. heard that dives there are more expensive but some good sites such as cathy's garden and pink wall. also some sites in fortune island.but lots of bombed out corals. HTH.

i think evie_g dove in that area recently. try to ask her.

Thanks, Jigo! Will do that, call Eureka. Regards.

Canyon Cove also runs its own dive operations. Its not exactly in Punta Fuego but at least its only a few minutes away. I don't know if the resort will charge you any entance/day trip fee if you just go there to dive.

Eureka shut down their operations in Punta Fuego and there was no replacement as of the last time we were there (5 months ago). We used Jo and Johnny's Beach and Dive Inn. Their contact info can be found at Welcome to Tali Beach.

Diving in Fortune Island is nice and there have been manta sightings, although I do not know if this is the season for them. Cathy's garden and Pink Wall are just ok dives.

Have fun.

if its in batangas you might wanna take the ferry to Puerto Galera/ Sabang and dive there. I recommend DiveDojo heavily. Its an hour by ferry; divesites are at 5 minutes distance. Never heard anything about diving in or around batangas.

All I know is that its a quit boring town

good trip

Canyon Cove also runs its own dive operations. Its not exactly in Punta Fuego but at least its only a few minutes away. I don't know if the resort will charge you any entance/day trip fee if you just go there to dive.

Evie dives with canyon cove a couple of times already try asking her about the op there.

@sonar: punta fuego is at the other side of batangas province near cavite. as for batangas diving...you haven't heard of anilao? :D

oh lol

thought of the city only. Didnt know it was an area.
Heard of Anilao yeah :D

Look for Minouk Kim. He's d operator at Canyon cove's diveshop. Cel # 0919-6957933
There's a cover charge of 500php / person for a day trip. The 200 is consumable.

Jo and Johnny's operates out of Tali Beach but has their Speedboat in Punta Fuego Yacht-Club.
They offer excellent service!

Back
Top Bottom