Oman August-September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swissglobetrotter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Dubai soon, and if I have the time I'd like to spend a few days by the end of this month diving in Oman.
I heard that the best places are the Daymaniyat islands and the Musandam area.
What are the main differences between this two places?
Where would it be better at this time of the year?
Any recommendations for schools and high end hotels?
Thanks

Mmm... as far as differences, I'd say probably location is all.

I've not been to Musandam yet, but for resorts you may check out Al Sawadi Beach Resort. Muscat is a nice city, though-- worlds different from Dubai. I might recommend going south to see Muscat, in which case you could go to the Oman Dive Center.

Keep in mind Ramadan is supposed to start around August 21st.

Main difference is reliability - Musandam can be very tricky with currents (up and down), waves. Dimaniyat islands are calmer, maybe a little current around the points of the islands but nothing really difficult.
In my opinion, Muscat only has two dive areas worth going to; the Al Munnassir wreck and Fahal Island (2 or 3 diff sites) - all the others are just bleak copies of the Dimaniyats - and, of course, others will disagree...

If you want some opinions on centers and/or hotels, send a msg...

there ya go...

Hello,
I'd definitely go the Damaniyat islands. I spent a week in Oman 1.5 years ago and the dives I have done there were MUCH better than the one around Muscat: better visibility, more beautiful corals, and even more fish. If I were to go back in Oman, I would dive only in these islands. And would take time to discover the inside of country which is superb.

Never been to Daymaniyat Islands, but mussandam is nice. Depends on where you start from. Dibba or Khasab.

Dibba is on the Indian ocean side close to the UAE border, 1.5 h drive from Dubai. Al marsa runs nice and good dhows. Al boom is more commercial and runs open dhows (no ac).

Khasab is in the north (most nothern city of Mussandam and close to the strait of Hormuz, and therefor more prone to stronger currents. Extra divers runs from Golden tulip Hotel Khasab

Main difference is reliability - Musandam can be very tricky with currents (up and down), waves. Dimaniyat islands are calmer, maybe a little current around the points of the islands but nothing really difficult.
In my opinion, Muscat only has two dive areas worth going to; the Al Munnassir wreck and Fahal Island (2 or 3 diff sites) - all the others are just bleak copies of the Dimaniyats - and, of course, others will disagree...

If you want some opinions on centers and/or hotels, send a msg...

there ya go...
I am confused between Daymaniyat Islands or Al Fahal. I have 3 days to dive. 6 dives in all. Also which dive centre to choose?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom