You ordered your she-p, it arrived, now what?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
Today my She-P arrived (it took me awhile to save $$$$$) I am in the trial phase as I type so far so good no leaks....I will get to dive next Friday ( I have to work over weekend ).:D

Can I ask a question re the tubing that comes in the She-P pack, there is a black neoprene tube not sure where it fits in the circut!!! (I have a Si Tech pee valve):confused:

Thanks Scubi Do

I have a Si-Tech valve and I set it up like this:

She-P > one end of quick disconnect > other end of quick disconnect > black tube > clear tube > Si-Tech valve.

Hope that helps! I find the black tube to clear tube connection to be a weak point so after one time when it came apart I put a bit of duct tape around it and have never had it disconnect again. (luckily I noticed before I used it:) I tend to run my hand down the tube before a dive to make sure everything is in order). There might be better methods of connection than duct tape though!

i do it a bit differently - i'm not sure there's 'one right way'.

she-p. black tube and open end of quick disconnect. closed end of quick disconnect, pvalve. the black tube and qd are put on the she-p after it's in place. (my group calls the black tube/qd the 'weenis'. :D )

i use the orange qd cover on the weenis until i'm snapping it into the valve tubing, to keep from dribbling on myself. put that orange cover where you can get to it as soon as you start getting undressed! otherwise you'll drip pee down your legs when you're bending to take your feet out of the suit. putting the closed end of the qd would fix that problem, but then you have to connect something to be able to use the bathroom when you're not in the suit.

Yea I would prefer it that way but I can't connect the black tube to the she-p?? Not sure what I am doing wrong but they won't seem to fit.

I just don't use the black tube.

well, i left out a part. that might be the confusing bit.

the double-ended barbed fitting goes on the weenis, and that is put on & off the she-p. it fits well but comes off easily.

well, i left out a part. that might be the confusing bit.

the double-ended barbed fitting goes on the weenis, and that is put on & off the she-p. it fits well but comes off easily.

I never got that bit. I've seen it in pictures but it never was included with my valve. Can you order them seperately? It would make it more comfortable as the shep to hose connection would be higher.

Posted via Mobile Device

i'm sure you can...laura??

or check the she-p website for the oz connection & shoot them a note.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom