Jersey Shore Beach Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead13

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

Anyone know of any beach dives in Monmouth or Ocean county? Looking for some diving without spending a bunch of money. Appreciate any feedback / suggestions.

Hello, I'm pretty new to diving, so I don't know a ton of locations shore. One I do know about is off L street in Belmar. Divers Two does a dive here most weeks(Saturday), which is free. I also I believe I have heard about some down by Barnegat, but I am not sure about the location. Hope I can get to do some shore dives in soon, right now I'm just working on skills up in Dutch Springs(which you should check out if you haven't been / heard of it before, great for skills, and there's a large group on SB that goes there most weekends), a season pass isn't horribly expensive, and its not to bad of trip from Freehold.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

This site is pretty massive and bewildering to new users. If you scroll down a bit, you will find a section for regional travel and clubs. In the United States section, you will find a Northeast section. You aren't done yet! Now look and you will find a forum that specializes in your region. Here it is:

Wreck Valley - ScubaBoard

If you go to that forum, you will find all sorts of helpful people who will answer questions like this. Because of the sheer size of this site, many of those people will not be looking in this part and will miss your question.

I will request that your question be moved to that sub forum.

Hello,

Anyone know of any beach dives in Monmouth or Ocean county? Looking for some diving without spending a bunch of money. Appreciate any feedback / suggestions.

BTW, my first introduction to scuba (although as a spectator) was with shore diving in this region. We are going back to maybe 1963 or so, when I was a young lad visiting my cousins near Long Branch. I had an older cousin who was a scuba diver, and I recall seeing him emerging from a shore dive where we were swimming. I know there must be something out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom