Dive Computer under 20K

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had good luck with Aeris and Oceanic wrist mount air/nitrox computers. Purchased for about 17K or less. It is very convienent being able to change the batteries myself, and the CR2450 batteries are very cheap and available.

Looking online at the new models available, there seem to be a number other brands that fit your budget. I usually get a good price on gear from Nautilus in Makati, maybe check with them, see if they have anything in your price range. If buying a computer today, air/nitrox and user replaceable batteries would be most important to me, not so much the brand.

i bought a oceanic veo180 at 8k pes (on sale usually little more ) and its doing everything i want even nitrox ,battery change, indiglo , 24 logs,flash red light, acent beep , bottom beep , etc

check my post on cheap computer .... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...s-analyzers/242347-best-sub-400-computer.html

i check on the site where i bough it , and u can get it ordered to manilla for 11.1 K :)

Oceanic Veo 180 Wrist Computer at Divers-Supply.com

PS: a lot of comps are just same units just rebadged :tusa cressi dive right etc

Pao – ScubaWorld in Makati has a couple of computers you might be interested in. They have a Suunto Gekko and also a Suunto Mosquito, both for under 20k. The Mosquito is no longer being produced by Suunto, but is still supported and sold with their knowledge. I have the Gekko and it is fine for Nitrox, but not for decompression diving. The Mosquito is actually the higher end computer. It has a setting that keeps it from locking up on a decompression dive and it supports downloads.

Kupu – thanks for the recommendation on Nautilus. I usually use ScubaWorld, but it’s always nice to have an alternative.

Technobro – thanks for the referral to the other thread.

Thanks everybody for the replies. I'm right now looking at the apeks quantum (18k Nautilus) and ArchimedeII (~17k Scuba Stop). I think they are the same just re-badged as bobshreve mentioned. Are these good computers? I'm leaning towards the Archimede due to its local warranty.

i got my SS mares nemo a year back at scubaworld makati for less than 20k. they were liquidating their mares stocks then. my only regret is that the batteries (they say) are not user replaceable. haven't really researched it tho, the battery's still good.

and yes, the Edy is a good computer too, as well as the mosquito. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom