SAC Rate

What is your Average SAC rate in your last 5 dives?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way there are 2 divers that are below.21....I would like to hear how they do that....it seems extreme....

I suspect they are little, tiny people. Or women. :)

I suspect they are little, tiny people. Or women. :)

...or they have gills.

Seriously, I dove a couple of weeks ago with some relatively small and fit women that were diving AL63's and they were coming up with as much or more air than me diving a 80. I was impressed with myself for having a sub .5 SAC rate but they dogged me.

I don't know about .2 or below but a 110# woman that is physically fit is going to use a ton less air than me at my best. (a 180# male)

THANKS TM. I KNOW YOU CANT GIVE SPECIFICS, BUT ARE WE TALKING.05, .1, .15 DIFFERENCE, ON AVERAGE, OR MORE, MAYBE A BETTER WAY TO ASK IS- WHJAT ARE YOUR SAC RATES IN WARM vs COLD?

could easily have as much as .2+- swing from warm to cold.

You do not need a computer for this. I use mine in gauge mode most of the time.

True, but the digital read-out is easier for data collection. At least that's my experience.

And the analog for actual visual reading. You do not have to see the numbers on the scale to know where you are.

Huh?

I look around to see where I am. :)

Huh?

I look around to see where I am. :)

:). What I love about analog gauges whether it's a diving or car gauge, I can glance quickly to see what my pressure is or with car gauges what my speed is or my rpms are. This can be done just because you can see the needle position relative to the scale and with time when you are used to this gauge you can quickly understand how much air you have left or what speed you are traveling at or what rpms your engine is running at. With digital you actually need to read the numbers, which requires more time.

:). What I love about analog gauges whether it's a diving or car gauge, I can glance quickly to see what my pressure is or with car gauges what my speed is or my rpms are. This can be done just because you can see the needle position relative to the scale and with time when you are used to this gauge you can quickly understand how much air you have left or what speed you are traveling at or what rpms your engine is running at. With digital you actually need to read the numbers, which requires more time.

I'm not arguing one bit. I prefer analog in most situations as well. It gives you an idea of before and after for the way I think. For me it's a faster glimpse of relative status rather than having to think of where a particular number falls on a scale.

But as I said for this discussion for data collection and RMV calculation I prefer the digital. Then again, I don't even dive with a computer, only a bottom timer and tables even for recreational depths. I don't have anything against a dive computer for rec. limits but for the money they cost, I can pay for a dive trip.

I'm not arguing one bit. I prefer analog in most situations as well. It gives you an idea of before and after for the way I think. For me it's a faster glimpse of relative status rather than having to think of where a particular number falls on a scale.

But as I said for this discussion for data collection and RMV calculation I prefer the digital. Then again, I don't even dive with a computer, only a bottom timer and tables even for recreational depths. I don't have anything against a dive computer for rec. limits but for the money they cost, I can pay for a dive trip.

Agreed, yeah I would hesitate to buy the one that costs as much as a trip :)

I'm currently averaging 0.38
Diving in warm water.
Drift diving.

I've noticed something interesting...
  • For 17 years I dove with a U.S. Divers Conshelf SE2.
  • Then, I switched to a SP 'MK10 Plus' and G250. The regulator performed fine, but my air consumption went up noticeably. I did about 60 dives on the 'MK10 Plus' in 2008.
  • This year I switched to an 'MK10' and used the same G250 that I had previously used. My air consumption went back down – noticeably. It's now down to were it was when I was diving with the Conshelf.

Back
Top Bottom