Dive Park at Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am getting a lot of interest on this, so let's set up a meeting where w can get our ideas on paper and then I will set up th meeting with the Corps.

Looks good, Mike. I have already donated some stuff. The fin I lost back in March over at Two Mile.
Seriously, with things tight for everybody in this economy, making Lanier a better dive spot will benefit everybody in the area. I could see it being used more for Advanced and Specialty training with different items placed in the park. It would always be a work in progress.
Maybe one day they could lay a layer of gravel on the bottom at the park to really help with vis and cut down on silting, if that's even possible or feasible. That is the main complaint of why more divers don't dive Lanier, poor vis.
If the vis and the sites to see were improved, as they said in the movie, Field of Dreams, "Build it and They will come".

How about next Thursday, 30 July, at 7pm? Will that work for eveyone who is interested? The Starbucks on Alpharetta Highway the address is:

10800 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076

Nope, that's about water usage for consumption.

the K

I agree with the Kraken, I don't see anything in the ruling that would prevent this.

Ok folks tomorrow night a 7pm at the Starbucks at Highway 9 and Mansell road...I'll bring a couple of copies of the proposal...ya'll bring your red pencils....:)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom