Great Option for NITROX Fills in Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter31

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm always on the lookout for reasonable NITROX fills in Miami - I think I've found it - Ocean Safari :D

They have a deal if you purchase a fill card for $130 it gives you 20 fills - regardless of how much gas you take, size of the tanks, etc - for the math impaired, that's $6.50 a fill - very reasonable. They also have other gases; Trimix, etc.

Even better, they BANK NITROX, so you can get your fills done while you wait - in many Miami shops b/c they partical blend, you have to leave your tanks - sometimes for days. :shakehead: Not sure the price if you don't buy the card; maybe $9 or $10 - not bad for "1 off" pricing - but the best thing is they will fill while you wait; not comon in Miami.

I remember this place when they were the distributor for Beushat (sp, I know) - but had not been there for a while.

Shop is located near downtown Miami; in its own building - go to their website for directions - its not hard to find, but you need to get directions, which are on the site.

I don't see them mentioned on SB, and that seems a shame, as they are a very nice, professional, long time in business LDS, with a service that is needed at a very good price.

If you live in Miami - or on your way to the Keys - give them a try.

Ocean Safari
677 SW 1st St
Miami, FL 33130 305 548 3483

www.oceansafari.com

( BTW.......

I have no interest other than making S. FL SBers aware of a really good NITROX option in Miami - I don't have a financial interest in the shop, nor do I work there, teach there, nor have any afiliation other than being a customer)

So how's this work when you're driving around the streets of Miami looking at sharks? You crack open the tank of nitrox in the back seat?

No Tom -
you look for the Metrorail or the Metromover train with the shark aboard - that's the one to take to this LDS - look for the dead shark in the middle of the rail car (Jesus Christ; kill me....:shakehead:) and that's how you know you are on the right "track" :rofl3:

I just posted in that other thread about the shark - for many reasons, it just really annoyed me; worth a read, especailly if you are as sick of the "homeless" as I am:popcorn:

Yup Ocean Safari is great
Howard is a great guy and will shoot the breeze with you while your tanks are filling (if he's not too busy)
They're having a thing going on this weekend and IANTD's Tom Mount is going to be there
Join Ocean Safari on July 25th!

Thanks for the kind words! Come on by to visit anytime.

Don't forget that those of you interested in finding out more about rebreathers will want to be at the shop by noon for my free seminar, where I will give a little primer about the Dive Rite Optima (and CCRs in general). If you are interested, there is the optional chance to dive the Optima in the pool. So, bring your mask, fins and perhaps a bathing suit. :D

If you have the new IANTD Enclyclopedia, Tom Mount will be at the shop to autograph your copy. If you don't own one, you lose! :shocked2: Just kidding. The shop will have them on hand for anyone that wants to purchase an autographed copy.

See you there.

Thanks for the kind words! Come on by to visit anytime.

Don't forget that those of you interested in finding out more about rebreathers will want to be at the shop by noon for my free seminar, where I will give a little primer about the Dive Rite Optima (and CCRs in general). If you are interested, there is the optional chance to dive the Optima in the pool. So, bring your mask, fins and perhaps a bathing suit. :D

If you have the new IANTD Enclyclopedia, Tom Mount will be at the shop to autograph your copy. If you don't own one, you lose! :shocked2: Just kidding. The shop will have them on hand for anyone that wants to purchase an autographed copy.

See you there.

I wish I had known about this earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom