Dive Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichnLenny

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi
we are travelling to turkey in september, we want to do 8 days diving- there are 3 divers and 1 referal, we would like to do some courses as well advanced and rescue- can anyone tell me which company is good what the dives are like and how many mm does my suit need to be- would be grateful for any help- we want to book soon
Rich

Hi from Turkey :)
First of all in september water temperature is about 25 degrees here so 5mm full single suit or even a 5mm shorty would be enough.

As diving sites i would highly recommend Kaş and Bodrum.
For Kaş anemon-kas.com is the best diving center for me. Not only in Kaş, even best in Turkey :)

And for Bodrum motifdiving.com is my choice.

I dont know which city you are coming for your vacation but for me these are the best diving sites in Turkey.

Hello,
I went to Kas 3 years ago and did 10 dives there. Although this is not the Red Sea, or Asia, I enjoyed the diving a lot. Visibility was fabulous, undersea landscapes beautiful, different kind of fish, turtles... I was there in September as well, and my 5mm wetsuit was more than enough.

Kas is also a wonderful big village / small town with lots to see, restaurants with delicious food...

I dove with Archipel Diving, who were great and I heard a lot of good of Kas Explorers, and Kas Diving.

I am also planning to go back there the second week of September (starting September 6), with my brother this time, who will need a refresher course, so if you are going to same time, we are going to double or triple the non-Turkish diving population in Kas ! :wink:

RichnLenny, I dove many times in Kas and with many of the local dive operators. It is one of the primary dive destinations in Turkey. If you're considering Kas I'd definitely advise Archipel diving. One of the founding partners Murat Draman even wrote a diving guide for Kas which is really comprehensive. They have a friendly and experienced team who are also very fun to dive with.
Other than that Fethiye also has good dive points and good operators. If you're an experienced diver it's worth diving in Afkula and Turkish Bath where both the underwater life and landscape are astonishing.

I don't know if RichnLenny has decided where he would go... :wink: but I have!
I'll spent a week in Kas from September 6th.
As 3 years ago, and also as advised by Blue, I will dive again with Archipel diving. I hope to re-do the Canyon, Eybeli, Flying fish and Oasis that I really enjoyed last time.

In any case, I am looking forward the clear and warm water !

Malene

RichnLenny if you're still out there.... I will also put in a good word for Kas! The diving was great and the town is fantastic. You can check out my video from Kas if you want YouTube - Kas, Turkey Diving

J Easy, that's really great. It made me nostalgic about Kas and diving there. The last time I was there in August 2007, too. I watch it as a compensation for being far away. At least for a while more. Thanks : )

J Easy, that's really great. It made me nostalgic about Kas and diving there. The last time I was there in August 2007, too. I watch it as a compensation for being far away. At least for a while more. Thanks : )

Thanks. Yeah when I watch it I get all nostalgic as well. Who did you dive with? I was w/ Kas Diving and most of the divers were Dutch actually. Well, I hope that the OP gets the hint that Kas is a GREAT place to dive...and visit! ha ha

Back
Top Bottom