Riding Rock - San Salvador Jun 09 trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you not see any hammerheads or have any pics? When we were there a few years back we seen hammerheads on every dive. Usually 3 to 4 per dive. One dive we saw a school of 15. I have video of two 9 foot hammerheads circling us for 2 trips all around us. Please tell me the hammers are still there. That is the only reason I have ever gone to San Sal since the diving was pretty much mediocre in my opinion? Thanks.

Did you not see any hammerheads or have any pics? When we were there a few years back we seen hammerheads on every dive. Usually 3 to 4 per dive. One dive we saw a school of 15. I have video of two 9 foot hammerheads circling us for 2 trips all around us. Please tell me the hammers are still there. That is the only reason I have ever gone to San Sal since the diving was pretty much mediocre in my opinion? Thanks.

We saw sharks on almost every dive... more reef than hammer heads, but there were hammerheads. I was told by people that have been there over the years (the other group had been there for something like 12 years in a row), that this trip, there was a ton more fish life, and the sharks were a bit more distant. The storms in the middle of the week may have been part of the cause.

I only took one shark picture, because I already have a huge collection of shark butt pictures, and normally now only take one if it is coming at me.

We loved San Salvador (aka Colubus Isle for the Club Med ) both time and would go back again. Fabulous pristine wall diving with awsome visiblity. We stayed at Club Med....this is one of the few 'upscale' Club Meds with a variety of restaurants. There is literally nothing else other than the two hotels on the island. Saw a 12' female great hammerhead....to die for.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom