Free Diving with Whale Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've just seen a video of Umberto Pelizzari free diving with Whale Sharks in the Maldives. It's a pretty cool video and I thought you might like to check it out - the swine makes it look so effortless!

I know that the guys at The Underwater Channel.tv have another two episodes to go as well so it'll be worth checking back!

The videos is here: theunderwaterchannel.tv/clipinfo/3021888

Well he can hold his breath well. Ha ha.

What a beautiful animal. I have encountered three of them in my life so far. One in the Mona Passage between Hispanola and Puerto Rico (hello to all my friends in Borinquen). We were on our way over to Isa Mona it surfaced near the boat as we were just motoring along at about 5 knots. Scared the you know what out of me. That was my first encounter. BTW it was as big as the boat, or seemed so at 40 feet. Second time was near the Bahamas, same thing just surfaced. Third was about 5 miles out from Hillsborough Inlet. We were just drifting along. Saw it near the boat. Jumped in and it had disappeared into the blue. Magnificent. It makes you wonder. If this animal is this big, what is down at the bottom at the 1500 foot mark. Hmmmmm

Third was about 5 miles out from Hillsborough Inlet. We were just drifting along. Saw it near the boat. Jumped in and it had disappeared into the blue. Magnificent.

WHAT! You saw one of these at the Hillsboro Inlet?!?!?!! :D how cool !

Back
Top Bottom