Fit of wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Henderson 5mm, medium that I have made 25 dives in and fits me perfectly, like a second skin. I recently ordered a Henderson H2 Titanium 3mm from LP in medium. The legs,waist,chest,wrist and neck fit fine, but the back kind of has a pouch between my shoulder blades... its pretty loose in that area. Will that be a problem ?

Thanks!

Here's my comment.....for what it's worth. Your new suit may be a bit less than perfect, but wetsuit sizes vary somewhat between different manufacturers. Based on your description, a small would probably be too small, so a medium is probably still your best choice anyway.

I INTENTIONALYY buy a slightly larger 3mm suit, since I use that in mostly warmer tropical waters anyway. Then, I bring along a 5/3mm hooded vest that I can put on UNDER my 3mm suit for layering when I need it. VOILA!!

Not trying to sell you a vest, just an option and takes the "worry" out of your suit that may have some additional play in the back. If you go to all the trouble of exchanging it, you'll probably feel that the next smaller size is uncomfortably tight. Having said that, if you want to exchange it, LP will do it for just for shipping charges, I think.

My two cents!!

I have a Henderson 5mm, medium that I have made 25 dives in and fits me perfectly, like a second skin. I recently ordered a Henderson H2 Titanium 3mm from LP in medium. The legs,waist,chest,wrist and neck fit fine, but the back kind of has a pouch between my shoulder blades... its pretty loose in that area. Will that be a problem ?

Thanks!

A pouch between the shoulder blades?

Was this after diving or just trying it on? If you were just trying it on is there a chance that you got hot and sticky and the suit just didn't get to settle equally ton your body?

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom