Diving after breast surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ARGGG!

I want to dive!! Just tired to be in dry dock!

I can't dive, I can't live.

:wink:Do you have a favourite local dive site and a helpful buddy so that you can back into the water easily? You'll need help kitting up, but once you're under it'll be great!

For now, I can't even get in the water because the scars are not fully closed. But when I can, I'll need more help at least to carry my thing . I'll take it slowly so the scars don't open.

In the mean time, I hang out at the LDS (they've started to call me the dive shop rat) and go help with certifications as "moral officer" and watching out.

I wish you the best of luck and take it real easy on your first dives. Buddy some time are real handie to have.
grumpie..
male dive instru. naui

I will go diving this sunday. I have a possibility for tonight, but I'm not sure yet, though it is a very quiet place to dive. I might be a good place to start.

Otherwise, Sunday will be calm too.

I finally went diving last night. Shallow easy dive. Everything went well.

Fish beware, I'm back in the water!

Awesome! I just now saw this thread, but I had a BR in February, and I waited until June to dive again. Not only because I was really fatigued for a long while, but just because the local opportunities for non-drysuit divers are limited much before that. I didn't have any problems with my return to diving, either. Honestly, earlier in the year, the idea of squishing the new girls with a wetsuit and under a BC did not appeal to me so much. Heh.

All went well yesterday. I took it easy, but a bit less then tuesday. I went to 72 feet. I was ok. I'm really back on track.

Glad to hear your back in the water... I've considered that surgery before, especially after bra shopping... Thankfully I've recently found a shop catering to bustier ladies and have bras that fit and are comfortable without uniboob happening.. So for now I'm happy, as long as my back doesn't give out... :D

Back
Top Bottom