Holiday weekend at CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made three dives with TxHockeyGuy on Foo's on Fri - (does that qual me to wear a Swamper shirt now?) -

Conditions were pretty good IMO (see other thread) & TxHockyGuy's fajita's were great - it was nice to meet some of the Swampers

Going to be back tomorrow 10am (Sun Jul 5) & may be looking for a buddy as TxHockeyGuy might not make it back out. Anybody else? (I'll be old green Dodge Minivan - SE corner)

Made three dives with TxHockeyGuy on Foo's on Fri - (does that qual me to wear a Swamper shirt now?) -

Conditions were pretty good IMO (see other thread) & TxHockyGuy's fajita's were great - it was nice to meet some of the Swampers

Going to be back tomorrow 10am (Sun Jul 5) & may be looking for a buddy as TxHockeyGuy might not make it back out. Anybody else? (I'll be old green Dodge Minivan - SE corner)

I think the only qualification to wear a Swamper shirt is a $10 check to K-valve that clears his bank. Don't know if he has any left, though.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, family stuff just sort of fell into my lap on Friday. I hope the diving was good! I'll try to go next time, promise!

But would have enjoyed seeing you again! Okay, it was truly a great day of both diving, noshing, and visiting with old and new friends. Thanks to TxHockeyGuy for the fabulous fajitas, brats, etc., and to TexArkAndy for his wonderful pico de gallo and watermelon- I imbibed upon mass quantities of each. Of course it great to see TxDanceGuy back out at the swamp, and Foo2, FooMan2 and the babyFoos joined us even!

Finally got to meet TheValkry and several other new folks. FtWorthDiver and buddy (I'm so sorry, please pm her name to me!) joined us. FooMan helped me with my gear and I got in two very nice dives, 75 min and 55 mins, with what I perceived as very good vis for middle of summer at CSSP. I could very easily see other divers 10-15 feet away, especially if their legs were lily white. :wink: Vis is such a hard thing to measure, but I would say at least 20 ft, possibly more.

Robert told FooMan that it was a record-breaking attendance record for Fridays, and it was still decent vis (did see a few roto-tillers, but not that many.) Was cool enough in the shade (had a breeze, yes!) and the cool temps below the thermo (20-25') were nice to dip into to stay very comfortable in my 2mm shorty.

Thanks again to all who showed up for our mini-vacation this 4th! It was great!

p.s. We saw the biggest bass we've ever seen out there, large-mouth with a big deep belly. Reminded me of Bubba Bass at Tyler State Park. We think he is probably the one someone caught that weighed 9 lbs. :(

Sorry i couldn't be there, guys, my brother had some stuff going on with his health and i had to go visit him, next time everybody goes out there let me know!!

Sorry i couldn't be there, guys, my brother had some stuff going on with his health and i had to go visit him, next time everybody goes out there let me know!!

Well wishes for your brother,,,,,family always comes first!!!

Well I only got to dive on Friday due to some issues with my ears but it was an enjoyable day. Enjoyed diving with everyone and especially enjoyed getting to see texdiveguy (aka texdanceguy :) ) get back in the water. Hopefully I'll make it back out there in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom