West Michigan Piers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or any 4wd truck/SUV ect. go to the north end of the beach. It would be a little of a swim, but do-able. As of a few weeks ago, we put some bright green laundy soap jugs and tied it to both the north end and the south end of the wreck, so people could see it.:D

To do the Novadoc as a shore dive, are you geting to the beach from the state park? Just to the north of the state park is a row of houses, could you park there and swim out?

To do the Novadoc as a shore dive, are you geting to the beach from the state park? Just to the north of the state park is a row of houses, could you park there and swim out?

maybe... I don't think I would do it unless it was a really calm day. It seems to my recollection, that when on it, you are south of those houses, just a little bit. Now I'm gonna have to go diving on it again to verify.:D

But yeah, on the north part of the state park, you'd have to have a dune flag, ORV sticker, and a state park sticker.

If anyone wants to go diving I am available pretty much all the time as I am currently laid off. I am willing to pitch in gas money, lunch, etc... Anyway thanks for the map I will have to check that out.

New Years Day we dove the Muskegon channel next to the Ironsides. I would be hesitant to do that in the summer because of boat traffic though. There wasn't much to see either.

Get on the Sea Hunt Dive Clubs web site. Most of them are from Muskegon and are a bunch of diving maniacs. They dive the lakes and piers around west mich and all over the state and welcome new divers.
Gordon

I dove the wreck of the "City of Green Bay" last weekend, its not much to look at as it went down in 1887, and was a wooden ship, so all that is left is the lower section, and most of it is covered in sand I believe, but it was the first wreck I've been to and it was in swimming distance from shore, it was only about 50 yards from shore and had to swim about 150 yards north from the public beach (it is just in front of a private beach), its only like 3-7 ft deep though, so not very exciting, but did give me an eerie feeling being my first wreck and because I was swimming towards the buoy and was about 50 yards from the buoy when it suddenly appeared in my face (only 2-3 ft vis cuz the waves stir the sand up pretty good being that shallow) but what the heck its still another logged dive and the first for my wreck dives!

just a note--if you go to the MSRA website that was posted above, that is where i found the wreck at.

I have not done it but a few of our club members regularly dives the St. Joe piers.

Back
Top Bottom