Scuba in London

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going to SE Asia this summer and want to do the basic PADI open water course in London (UK) before I go. Can anyone recommend someone to do it with? I am in North London so that would be the easiest.

we went to london scuba in surrey- they werevery good 3m pool etc cant remember instructors name but she was excellent, Jody maybe?

London Scuba are a trusted provider of scuba diving training to leading independent schools in the South East.
Training can take place at our centre or on school premises.
All London Scuba staff that work with Children have enhanced CRB clearance.

Our current and previous relationships include:

North London collegiate school, Stanmore
We are currently running regular Open Water referral courses for Students at NLCS
City of London Freemans school, Leatherhead
We are currently running regular Open Water referral courses for Students at the CLFS City of London Freemen's School
Boxhill School, Dorking
We are conducting a Scuba presentation in school assembly and plan to run a series of Discover Scuba courses in the schools outdoor pool during the summer term.
Downsend school, Leatherhead
We have conducted a Discover scuba course for the students during the Easter break and are planning further courses at the school

Saint Edmunds school, Hindhead
We have conducted a Scuba presentation at the school and are running a series of discover Scuba diving and Bubblemaker courses for the students as part of a Saturday morning club. We are also planning to run Open Water referral courses for the senior year students.
Caldicott School, Bucks
Currently putting together courses and a trip to the Red Sea
Glyn School, Ewell - One of our latest schools.
The school has two bookings for July 2008

Beormund School, Southwark - We started running courses and Red Sea trips for Beormund school in 2007. We are currently running training courses and are taking the next group to the Red Sea in May 2008.
City of London School for Boys, Blackfriars in the last several years we have trained 70 boys, most to Open Water standard and have a number of programmes planned for the future. In early 2003 we started courses for the in-school Cadet Force.
City of London School for Girls, Barbican
Wimbledon Girls school, Wimbledon -trained several groups of girls since 2000.
Charterhouse - looking to run training courses for the boys starting soon and offer courses to members of the private leisure facility which is shared with the school.
Imberhorne School - We run a work experience programs for 4-5 pupils annually.

Hi CLP

As you're in North London you're closest is probably UK Dive Active Scuba PADI Diving Centre Dive Club and School Courses in London and Essex

I did my classes and enclosed dives with them at Walthamstow and did my open water dives on holiday. UK Dive obviously offer that too but they use Stoney Cove which I didn't fancy in mid March to be honest!!

Walthamstow has a diving pool which is much deeper than your normal swimming pool but can't remember the exact depth

Warren runs a very good school and all the instructors are top guys/gals

Rob

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. We completed our open water referral at London scuba in surrey, staying with my brother for the night. It took a little getting used too but now we can't wait to get into the ocean and try it. Kelly was a good instructor, we found the Chris guy working there irritating but luckily he didn't train us!

We are travelling the South East Asia next week so will let you know how we get on when we get back.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom