--6 months from SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After visiting one of the leading DFW pulminoligist I was given the 'clear' to resume scuba diving! :)

It's taken about 6 months to recover from the injuries suffered in the Jan. 09' auto accident in Mn., I still have a way to go though.

I feel my biggest task ahead is still to work on my endurance. One day at a time.

I again THANK each of you for your well wishes and prayers.....God and you folks are on my side!

I will again dive doubles and have been ok'd 'over time' to resume my technical diving.

My pulminoligist asked that my first few dives remain at or above 1 ATM and that I progress at a pace that is 'comfy' for me.

Over the holiday weekend I plan on doing a bit of scuba at CSSP......Timeliner my 'wingman' and close friend of several years has agreed to accompany me on the initial dives, though diving 'solo' does in no way bother me......it will be nice having him along.

Happy and save 4th. of July Holiday to each of you and you families!

:) Alan

Great news and good luck to you with the work/joy ahead!

I know at least a bit how you feel with the news. I was cleared yesterday after 5 month dry spell by my surgeon, and I am hopping!

Great news and good luck to you with the work/joy ahead!

I know at least a bit how you feel with the news. I was cleared yesterday after 5 month dry spell by my surgeon, and I am hopping!

Thanks...... and best wishes to your return to diving.....my prayers are with you! Alan

Awesome to hear Alan. Look forward to seeing you out at CSSP this weekend.

Woo Hoo! Great News!
:dancingsnoopy:
Lookin' forward to some dives together before the year is out!:D

A seat on Giant Stride is reserved with your name on it. Congrats on your progress and entry back into the water.

Great news Alan!

If you need any help; any at all; or an alternate dive buddy, feel free to call. I will dive with you anytime. You have been a good friend to me through the years and an excellent mentor for learning better dive technique. I can only begin to hope to be a diver as good as you.

Woo-hoo!!! You coming out on Friday or just Saturday and Sunday??

I think I can say I understand even though it has only been about 3 weeks since my accident and my injuries werent near as severe but it will be some time before I will be able to dive I have a fractured arm and having problems with my knee dont have full range of motion back yet.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom