What to wear?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear an athletic-cut bikini under my wetsuit, whether in the pool or on a boat. I find that a 2-piece suit makes a trip to the ladies room/head a bit easier than a 1-piece. I like athletic suits (Nike, TYR, etc) because they're made for swimmers and stay in place and provide a bit more coverage. I have a little sarong that I tie on for coverage on the boat too. I also have a few rash guards, but I mostly just use those occasionally for sun protection.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies.... I was wondering what everyone else is comfortable in. I am sure its trial and error...I wanted to get a baseline feel for the typical.... I think an athletic cut would be perfect...I like the idea of a sarong...or even a rashguard....Thanks again :blinking:

thanks a bunch :eek:)

My wife/buddy (who is not on ScubaBoard) wears a swimsuit and skin. She points out two advantages of the skin:
It makes the wetsuit easier to don (it slides on more easily).
There’s no risk of accidentally uncovering anything when removing the wetsuit.
She also just mentioned that a skin (which is very thin) without a bathing suit is too revealing.

For my class I just wore an old one piece and a tshirt. It was a heated pool, so we didn't wear wetsuits. For our checkouts, I wore just the one piece under the wetsuit.
Now, I wear my tankini. since my suits all zip up the back, it's easy to make sure nothing is gonna fall out! :) I really only ever wear a 1mm suit here locally. If it's too cold for that, I volunteer for boat duty. I'm a cold water wimp!!!

I always wear a one piece bathing suit under my wetsuit. It keeps me from getting chafed in places I would not want chafing, and lowers the risk of accidentally exposing yourself when getting out of the wetsuit.
Carrie

I prefer a tankini. I prefer the coverage of a one peice suit, but like the convenience of a 2 peice. To keep the sun off my shoulders I wear a long sleeve skin top. If I could find a pair of women's board shorts that I liked and didn't cost $50+, I would be really happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom