Diving in Davao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

best bet is to call the shops mentioned and find out who has a boat going out to talicud on friday. if none, you'll end up renting an outrigger for 5-6k (25-30 pax max) - wind & wave offers speedboat dives too (i forgot their rates tho)

my advice (if applicable) would be to dive with carabao on saturday/sunday during the regular dive trip

hi we already called the shops listed above
they dont have dives this friday so if ever, we would be charge 4k for the boat ,we are only 2 diving so its pretty expensive for us

we are going to stay at pearl farm on saturday and leaving sunday after lunch so we plan to dive on friday instead

thanks for the info bing

To bad there are no boats are going out friday. If you really want to get wet, maybe the easiest and cheapest way to get in a dive or two would be to take the ferry across to Paradise Island resort on Samal island and do a couple dives on their house reef. Certainly not the best site in the area, but it has good days (and bad days). On a good day the vis is decent and opportunity to see smaller stuff like crabs, nudibranchs, maybe frogfish etc. The smaller fish are used to being fed, so if you take bananas or such down, they will encircle you around for a while. And a underwater sculpture by local arstist Kublai Millan, who also made the big durian seen at the airport. Terrible photo but..

Davao2007130new.jpg

i didnt know they had this in paradise.

cool.

the sculpture is very kublai.

just the way we locals like it :wink:

have we met? gimme a heads up when you dive… we'll teach those unprofessional DMs a thing or two!

haha will do. will be back there maybe end of july or mid aug.

i got nothin against those DMs, with the dives there beign dirt cheap, you really can't complain. its just a bit of a culture shock the first time. esp since im not really an experienced diver.

my only complaint is that you can't do 4 in a day since the boat always leaves late and there's a loooooong lunch break at babusanta.

^ sorry. that's the only number i have. he could be in mt apo climbin.

hi everyone
im heading to davao myself by the end of july. do i understand right that there are no dives scheduled during weekdays? if so , thats a gigantic dissapointment as this was supposed to be a dive trip.
i know diving in davao is quite cheap and thats one big reason why i chose this over leyte.
can anyone confirm the no weekday dives?

thanks

dives can be arranged in davao during the week. boat dives may be more expensive though if there are less than 4 of you. wind and wave can organize dives via speedboat for you. i think rental of the boat is about 3.5k to 4k. Best to check with them first. i think their website adversi the cheaper option will be to do shore dives from paradise island resort where wind and wave has a dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom