US State Department Issues Honduras Travel Advisory & Reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveScoop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, the US State department earlier today issued a travel advisory suggesting that all "non-essential" travel to Honduras be delayed --US State Department Issue Travel Advisory on Honduras

I'm going to contact resorts in the Bay Islands to discuss the situation tomorrow and will report on what I find out.

The mainland and the Bay Islands are almost like seperate countries. Yes, the Bay Islands are officialy part of Honduras, but are not usually affected by stuff like this. Nobody wants to interrupt the cash flow provided by their tourism.

If I were going through the mainland, it could cause some concern. Just visiting the mainland at any time can cause some concern.

Flying direct to Roatan is the same as always. No worries.

Later, Hawk.

The mainland and the Bay Islands are almost like seperate countries. Yes, the Bay Islands are officialy part of Honduras, but are not usually affected by stuff like this. Nobody wants to interrupt the cash flow provided by their tourism.

If I were going through the mainland, it could cause some concern. Just visiting the mainland at any time can cause some concern.

Flying direct to Roatan is the same as always. No worries.

Later, Hawk.

Well said. The alarmist stuff has got to stop.

I'm going to contact resorts in the Bay Islands to discuss the situation tomorrow and will report on what I find out.

Oh goody, I am on pins and needles waiting for your report as I have not been able to find any information about this online anywhere. :popcorn:

The State Department Travel Advisory might equally apply to North West Indiana.

From a 39 year resident of the Bay Islands.....

Hi All,

Every thing is quiet and normal here, including RECO going off about an hour ago.

Yesterday and last night were peaceful both here and on the mainland.

There were no soldiers or police out last night in the Coxen Hole area.

Supposedly, there is a 9pm to 5am curfew in place but no one was out last night to enforce it, at least on Roatan.

Our staff is tense because no one knows what is going to happen.

Other then that it is just another, hot, muggy, buggy day in paradise.

Best regards,

Doc Radawski

First UPDATE! I just spoke with the local representative for Anthony's Key Resort and she tells me that it's business as usual this morning. Everyone is diving and guests are enjoying the resort.

We ARE anticipating an update release from the ministry of Tourism sometime today. We'll try to keep everyone updated.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic and inflammatory posts have been removed!

Please stay on topic.

Scott is a well respected individual within the Dive Industry.
He did not make the advisory and only serves to make it known to us.

Please don't shoot the messenger!

Thanks!

netdoc:
Please stay on topic

Oh goody, I am on pins and needles waiting for your report as I have not been able to find any information about this online anywhere. :popcorn:

Well, then... me too. Does that pass TOS ?

It is what it is, Doc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom