Very Newbie (in SC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjordan78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone! This is my first post ever. Just wanted to say hello. If all goes well, I will officially finish the open water portion and get certified on Sunday. I definitely have the bug and was wondering if anyone out there needed a buddy in South Carolina? I'm still SO new at this and could use pointers from y'all seasoned vets out there.

You too!! I had been taking private lessons but my instructor cancelled on me for the very last time last night. Now I'm going to do the classes all over again starting the weekend of the 11th! Yay me!!!! At least now it'll be done in 2 weekends versus the 7 months I've already been waiting.

Welcome,

I've been learning a lot from the "seasoned vets" by reading the posts throughout this site. I particularly like the accidents and incidents forum... I much prefer learning from other people's mistakes whenever I can. Check it out.

We dive Lake Thurmond in Columbia Co, GA and a few weeks ago tried out lake Murray. Had fun, but got poured on by massive storm!!! We have been diving for a year and love it. If you feel like a car trip, I can let you know the next time we plan a dive. It will most likely be in 2 weeks.

Congrats on finishing your open water cert tomorrow! ScubaBoard is a great resource with many dedicated contributers making positive contributions! In addition to public posts, don't hesitate to send private messages to anyone that you think might be able to help you with a specific question... That is what most of us are here for!

My plans got derailed after I got tired of trying to track down my instructor to get things finished up. I got to where I was supposed to take my final exam and do the open water stuff and he stopped returning my phone calls. I sat on his front porch for 45 minutes and gave up.

So, I start the real classes with a group next weekend. I'm totally bummed but at least this way I'll get more practice for when I do the real stuff.

I'd love to make a road trip and go diving anytime!! My certification will NOW be complete on July 19th and I'll be ready to go!!!!

VJordan78

It is a mystery that your instructor would just evaporate... It is just nuts... Cultivating long term relationships with students is what makes this industry work! Are you sure he/she wasn't in a car accident or something else of a super serious nature?

If you were here, we would offer to let you join one of our existing classes. Since you are a bit far away, PM us your contact information and we will put you on file for a free 2-tank boat dive. We may not be able to come to your rescue this time, but the least we can do is apologize on behalf of scuba instructors everywhere and make sure that your first Florida dive is on us!

P.S. The reason for the Private Message is so we can know who you are when you show up... We can't have every diver on the planet showing up and claiming to be you !:cool2:!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom